Happy & Brainy Group discussion

Brian's Corner > NOT "Brian's Corner"

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

This entire section is the creation of Ilyn as a purely distractionary effort. It is dishonest and has no place in honest civil discussion. The entire point is to remove any and all calls for civility, honesty, and reason in response to the promotion of slavery, incivility, and coercion of innocents.

She has been repeatedly asked to remove my name from this section, and in fact were she willing to show even the slightest modicum of respect for others the entire section would be removed and restored to its original location.

I take no responsibility for the creation of this section, nor for any of Ilyn's convenient "edits" and deletions, whether of her own posts or those of any others.

I caution all others who may value reason and liberty, or even just civil discourse to beware crossing the thugs who seek to control the actions of others.

message 2: by Ilyn (new)

Ilyn Ross (Ilyn_Ross) | 1071 comments Mod
Goodreads knows that, as moderator of this group (I formed it), I can delete the posts of others but cannot edit them.

Be warned, Brian, that if you insist on injecting yourself where you are unwelcome, I will report you to the Goodreads staff.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I have in every instance been honest and civil. I have abided by all rules, without even a single instance of incivility, dishonesty, or unreasoned argument. This in response to your own direct personal attacks.

I have asked repeatedly that you cease and desist in attributing to me that which is not my own, yet you continue. I ask this yet again.

If you choose to report civility as an offense, I trust that the staff at Goodreads will recognize that the only conplaint you can possibly have is that I am willing and able to refute your personal attacks honestly and civilly.

If you want to ask me to leave the group then you should simply do so rather than trying to yet again mischaracterize the situation. At that time I would expect that you would completely remove that which you have dishonestly attributed to me. Though of course you should already have removed that, and never offered it in the first place.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

You will be happy to know that I have left all of your groups, except this one, which I will also leave (since you clearly have no intention to support honest civil discussion or allow for any deviation, no matter how slight, from your dictated position) once I have seen that all false attributions to me have been removed.