Terminalcoffee discussion

General Fuckery > Maybe It's About Time......

Comments Showing 1-50 of 51 (51 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090806/a...

Maybe it's about time to tone down the slinky stage antics a bit. I mostly keep going back to read this story because it quotes a one Lance Yellow Robe. Now that is a good name

message 2: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I was never a big Aerosmith guy, at least concerning the material after about, oh, 1980. And why ladies dig Steven Tyler...well, that makes me feel like I understand women ever less than usual.

message 3: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments maybe it is something to do with love in an elevator

(or an earlier racy song title)

message 4: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Dream On - that's a great song, a REALLY great song. No one can perform it like Steve Tyler can.

He has lovely daughters, too.

message 5: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 06, 2009 06:35AM) (new)

Heidi wrote: "Dream On - that's a great song, a REALLY great song. No one can perform it like Steve Tyler can.

He has lovely daughters, too."

Liv Tyler - makes the Lord of the Rings movies even more watchable.

message 6: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) I agree, Jim. She is delicious.

message 7: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Delicious?!!

(awkward)

message 8: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Attractive?

message 9: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments she is semi attractive in an odd way but when she speaks elvish she is hot

(delicious?)

message 10: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17322 comments Mod
Oh, I love Aerosmith. Liv Tyler = hot. Now I'll click on the link and see what I'm chiming in about. >:)

message 11: by Sally, la reina (new)

Oh that's sad.

I don't see how Mr Yellow Robe saw it coming just become "he was dancing all over the stage (end quote missing!).

message 12: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments i just love the name Lance Yellow Robe. wonder if he is from TX?

message 13: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments c'mon, that is a softball lobbed at everyone

message 14: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Got right by me ....

message 15: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments ok..... is he one of the Yellow Robes of Texas?

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

:).

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments I like Aerosmith in a guilty pleasures kind of way, but Steven Tyler is NOT hot. And should NOT wear spandex.

message 18: by Sarah (last edited Aug 10, 2009 09:14AM) (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Steven Tyler's mouth disturbs me. I dig early Aerosmith. And Joe Perry has very, very nice horses.

message 19: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Sarah Pi wrote: "Steven Tyler's mouth disturbs me. I dig early Aerosmith. And Joe Perry has very, very nice horses. "

Is that, um, a figure of speech, Sarah?

:)

message 20: by Heidi (last edited Aug 10, 2009 09:41AM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Sarah Pi wrote: "And Joe Perry has very, very nice horses. "

I think what RA means to ask (and what was on my mind when I read this) is, "Is that a euphemism?"

message 21: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Sure. Euphemism? Is that what it's called? I thought there was a "n" in there somewhere.

message 22: by Heidi (last edited Aug 10, 2009 09:37AM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments euphemism: noun, an inoffensive expression that is substituted for one that is considered offensive

Maybe you were thinking "pun"?

message 23: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Dang. I've been pronouncing that word incorrectly for years.

message 24: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments You just made me go wide-eyed. How've you been pronouncing it?

message 25: by Sally, la reina (new)

I nailed a euphemism question on the Praxis last mont

message 26: by Sally, la reina (last edited Aug 10, 2009 12:04PM) (new)

PS: I wanted to type "an euphemism" but that doesn't sound write right when I say it aloud.

message 27: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments That doesn't sound write, you say?

ps Not a euphemism, or a figure of speech. He has Friesian horses. Like this:

He designed a Les Paul that's meant to look all velvety like his horses' coats.

message 28: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sarah 54, bullocks.

message 29: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments yeah, that's what we all thought you meant :)

message 30: by Sarah (last edited Aug 10, 2009 12:27PM) (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments I'm dead serious when discussing horses. Any other euphemistic uses of the word may be discussed by others. I can think of at least two.

But I meant Joe Perry's gorgeous Friesian horses and I'm sticking to it.

Please note:
This would be the perfect time for someone to reference the song "Back in the Saddle".

message 31: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments dangit. missed that one SP

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

I love drafts!

message 33: by Meen (new)

Meen (meendee) | 1733 comments Wow, those are beautiful horses!

(Non-euphemistically speaking, of course.)

message 34: by Knarik (new)

Knarik Sarah Pi, Joe Perry really has gorgeous horses (if that is one of them in that photo).

message 35: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Knarik, they are only placeholder Friesians. I couldn't find stills of Joe Perry's actual horses, though they went to his house as part of an Animal Planet special a couple of years ago.

message 36: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments so i guess that is not his guitar either.

message 37: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Well, no matter - I thought it was a clever (and v. visual) euphemism when I assumed it was one.

message 38: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Heidi wrote: "You just made me go wide-eyed. How've you been pronouncing it?"

You-fun-ism

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Some words are just tricky. I think I was in my twenties before I realized that exasperating was not the same as exacerbating.

message 40: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments RandomAnthony wrote: "Heidi wrote: "You just made me go wide-eyed. How've you been pronouncing it?"

You-fun-ism"

::chuckling heartily:: I swear, I'm not laughing at you. I'm laughing with you. I would never have guessed that. For what it's worth, I like your pronunciation better, RA.

message 41: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Jackie "the Librarian" wrote: "Some words are just tricky. I think I was in my twenties before I realized that exasperating was not the same as exacerbating."

When I was a kid, I assumed that people who couldn't hear were gonna make me DIE. I was in the 4th grade when I realized they weren't "death." They were "deaf."

message 42: by Meen (new)

Meen (meendee) | 1733 comments Lol, I still know people who call it "death."

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

I had the same problem with the word dumb in that they couldn't speak. I thought really stupid people couldn't speak.

message 44: by Knarik (last edited Aug 10, 2009 05:35PM) (new)

Knarik I just heard this one.
For humans Death appears in a long-black robe with an ax in his hand. and for flies Death comes shirtless with a folded newspaper in hand. (:

message 45: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Good one, K.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments Heh. Knarik, that reminds me of a favorite Groucho quote:
"Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana."

message 47: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) I love that one, Jackie.

message 48: by Knarik (new)

Knarik I like that!

message 49: by Meen (new)

Meen (meendee) | 1733 comments Bunny, what is the lost wax technique? (And geeky fame dreams are the BEST!)

message 50: by Meen (new)

Meen (meendee) | 1733 comments Coolio!

« previous 1