Teens Read Book Club discussion

Chit Chat > Do you have any pets you would like to talk about?

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Catamorandi (new)

Catamorandi (wwwgoodreadscomprofilerandi) I have a beautiful, delightful cat named Jasmine. She is a calico, and she is very playful. Unfortunately, one of the ways she likes to play is by biting and scratching. I am trying to break her of this now.

message 2: by Kate (last edited Aug 05, 2009 11:22PM) (new)

Kate Just a week ago I had to put my cat, Tiger, down. He was pretty sick, so it was for the best. Right now, my profile picture is of him. He had most of the colorings of a siamese, but not as dark as most. He had the loudest purr I've ever heard. We also have his sister, Sassi, and she is a huntress. She would like to be an outside cat, but we live on a busy street, so we don't let her outside much. She's pretty fat, and is dark grey. She will only let you pet her when she wants food.

message 3: by Catamorandi (new)

Catamorandi (wwwgoodreadscomprofilerandi) I'm sorry about Tiger, but Sassi sounds like a pretty and energetic cat. I'm sure you love her very much.

message 4: by Kate (new)

Kate Thanks. Sassi is pretty energetic, and loves to give love bites when you pet her (although, I don't think they are always "love" bites...). I've always wanted a calico cat; they are so pretty. I bet Jasmine gets a lot of compliments.

message 5: by Catamorandi (new)

Catamorandi (wwwgoodreadscomprofilerandi) She does. She is a very pretty and friendly cat. I love her to pieces.

message 6: by Shanna (new)

Shanna I have a bunny named Jasper, He is so cute! I love him so much. I got him when i was living in Philly at the beginning of the year bc i was lonely.

message 7: by Ry (new)

Ry Anderson (themostbeautifulbitterfruit) My family has 1 dog,2 fish, and 1 wild cat. My sister has a rat and I have 2 zebra male finches. I used to have a beautiful parakeet, but she died at less than 2 years old. When I first got my finches I gave them girl names: Chica and Esmeralda. Then I learned online that they were boy birds. I changed there names to Chico and El Dorado. I named the one bird El Dorado because I have always loved the mystery of El Dorado.

message 8: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) We have 5 pets total. 2 cats, 2 Dachshunds, and a parakeet.

Asher- the first pet we got from a friend of my mother's whose mother cat had kittens. She gave us a free kitten. Asher is about 2 years. He's black with long fur. The distinguishing think about Asher is he has gray dreadlocks under his armpits. Asher is a very independent cat and doesn't like to be bothered. When he wants something he will come to us.

Tinker- We adopted Tinker from Petco. It was one of those weekend adoptions. Asher was about 5/6 months old at the time. Tinker was 3/4 months old when we got him. Tinker is a orange and white tabby cat. He can be a very skittish cat but when he's comfortable he can be very affectionate. He loves sleeping by or on my legs...lol. Hes got a loud purr. Sheds a lot :(

Bailey- A male , black and tan Dachshund. We bought Bailey over the summer of 2008. He is a very strong and energetic dog. Very protective and very smart. He helps drive away the racoons that come in our yard and eat the cat's food. When we go for walks and he knows the cats are walking with us, he will stop and not move to make sure they are safe and coming along with us. (Yes, our cats go for walks with us at night time.)Also on our walks if he doesn't want Bella on the street or other places, he will nip at her until my mom or I pick her up. Like an overprotective father. When hes not doing the protective thing, Bailey is very loving dog who likes to lay in bed with his Papi(Ray, my mom's bf. They have a tight bond)

Bella- A female, red dapple, Dachshund. We got her this past summer. She's a mini Dachshund so shes smaller than bailey. In my opinion shes a DIVA...lol. She can be a very loving dog who loves to kissey-kissey. Shes about 4/5 months old now.

Sebastian- finally our bird. He's a parakeet. Originally named Kit but my mom renamed him. Ray's parents when back to the Phillipines over the summer and left their bird among other things. So we took hime home with us , gave him a new cage, toys, etc. Hes loving life now and loves to look at himself in the mirror. :)

There is never a dull moment in our house.

message 9: by Maddie (new)

Maddie (showjumperpro) I have:
-Two male horses (geldings). One chestnut thoroughbred who's 30 and a thoroughbred/quarter-horse palomino who's 9.
-Two Chihuahuas. One is very old and a dark brown color and the other is a long haired blonde. They're both females.
-A long haired black and white cat named Panda. She's about 15 years old now.

Besides their constant company I've just about owned every kind of own-able animal. Hamsters (who ended up giving birth twice and I had to give away all 12 babies), a snake (who my cat ate and later threw up), birds, turtles, crabs, fish, lizards, frogs, other cats and dogs, etc. etc. Horses are the best!!!!!

message 10: by Kate (new)

Kate Calico cats are so pretty! I love calico, siamese, and tabby cats. I just love the contrasting colors on the calico and siamese cats, and the stripes and markings on tabbys. So pretty!