Writing Passionates discussion

Advice > write

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ♥bRiAnNa♥ (new)

♥bRiAnNa♥ i like to write but i have nothing to write about i need some ideas can any of you help me with an idea

message 2: by Veronica, What the neck!? (last edited Aug 07, 2009 08:53AM) (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) | 2889 comments Mod
Ummm, no. We can help you come up with your own ideas, but we can't give you good ideas. You see, when we have a good idea, we tend to keep it so that WE can write it ourselves.

And you also posted in the wrong folder...I'm moving this topic to the correct folder

message 3: by Hope (new)

Hope I have the totally opposite problem! I have too many ideas I can't write them all down! but sometimes when I want to start something knew I just pick a name for a couple of characters and start writing. it might be dumb and it might not. You could try that...

message 4: by Elmobuddie (new)

Elmobuddie Hutchings (bookwhisperer) | 2 comments Hope wrote: "I have the totally opposite problem! I have too many ideas I can't write them all down! but sometimes when I want to start something knew I just pick a name for a couple of characters and start wri..."

i have the same problem! i start a book but then i cant finish it because in the middle of writing it, i get a new idea for another story. so i have about 20 unfinished books

message 5: by Karen (new)

Karen (karenlmason) | 2 comments I have ideas all the time, clogging my brain and I'm making the most of getting them all down before writer's block strikes. I know I'm due for a bout any time soon. It's horrible - like being constipated!

message 6: by Hope (new)

Hope Elmobuddie wrote: "Hope wrote: "I have the totally opposite problem! I have too many ideas I can't write them all down! but sometimes when I want to start something knew I just pick a name for a couple of characters ..."

me too!

message 7: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie | 2838 comments Hmm ... I don't really belive in writer's block anymore. I think it's more of something we tell ourselves when we're not willing enough to write or just aren't putting the pieces together yet.

message 8: by Veronica, What the neck!? (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) | 2889 comments Mod
Yeah... for me, it's procrastination. Or just having absolutely no clue what happens next. But I think that I abolished that issue with nano last year. :)

Hey, one great tip for getting this flowing: pick a number (less than 15) and list that many random items/ideas. At least one of them must be a quote. If you are having difficulties, use a dictionary. Do not purposely pick words that connect to each other, or the exercise is no fun. Once you have your words, write, and use each of those things in your story. Even if you're still having a brain fart on your project, it's loads of fun!

message 9: by Perla (new)

Perla Elmobuddie wrote: "Hope wrote: "I have the totally opposite problem! I have too many ideas I can't write them all down! but sometimes when I want to start something knew I just pick a name for a couple of characters ..."

same here

message 10: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ | 5857 comments Mod
Kenzie wrote: "Hmm ... I don't really belive in writer's block anymore. I think it's more of something we tell ourselves when we're not willing enough to write or just aren't putting the pieces together yet."

Exactamente. ;D