Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > search issue -- cannot find book: Good Omens by Gaiman and Pratchett

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Pesik | 1 comments Hello,
I searched by title and author to find the book Good Omens: Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch and was only able to find the Spanish edition. I added the book manually only to find that there is indeed a record of this book, but for some reason it is not find-able.

ISBN -13: 978-0-06-085398-3

Best,
Tam

message 2: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Moorhouse If you remove the dashes from the ISBN when searching, the book should come up.

This Is Not The Michael You're Looking For | 949 comments This brings up an interesting question, which is why does Good Omens not turn up if you search for it? I have it on my shelf and it's certainly in the database (in fact many different versions are). I fixed the issue with the Spanish version being unlinked to the others (there was a spelling variation in Neil Gaiman's name). If I search "My Books" for "good omens" I find it, but if I do a global search only two books are listed, neither of which is this book. What's wrong with the general search engine?

message 4: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (last edited Mar 02, 2008 08:00PM) (new)

rivka | 33229 comments Mod
*blink* It certainly comes up when I search for it.

Both by ISBN and title.

This Is Not The Michael You're Looking For | 949 comments Hmmm, now it's coming up. Maybe after I fixed the name issue it just took the database longer to reset than I expected.

message 6: by Debbie (new)

Debbie Moorhouse It's diabolical influence ;).