Clarinet players discussion

CLARINETS! > When did you start playing the Clarinet???

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Tell everyone when you started playing the Clarinet and what made you play the Clarinet??

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ SuncloudƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ  (rainfire) | 2 comments well, i started last year, and i played it because it was basically the only instrument we could afford. it was my uncle's.

message 3: by Sasha (new)

Sasha (Miz_Sw33tnS0ur) | 1 comments Man! I play the flute!!!

message 4: by Brittany (new)

Brittany Townsend (brittany2019) | 22 comments Mod
i have been playing since 6th grade and im just now gonna be starting highschool... i started playing because my mom, grandfather, and great grandfather all played and my grandpa still had my great grandpas clarinet that he used to play in broadway shows! its just kind of a family thing except one of my younger sisters plays flute.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Well I started playing cause my mom played and then in 5th grade I played the Alto Saxophone and then I got to caught up in Soccer and I started playing competitive so I quit band... I am kinda glad I did cause it was a nightmare having a mean band teacher and practicing 50-75 minutes a week! That is why I started playing the Clarinet!

message 6: by Brittany (new)

o no sorry its a soccer ball... ooo and Tim? is the e-flat clarinet the little tiny one?! my sister will probably end up the same with all of the instruments because she is in 6th grade and she plays flute and clarinet (flute better tho) and this coming year she is gonna learn sax and tenor sax.

message 7: by Brittany (new)

thats cool! thanks

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

ello!

message 9: by Zia (new)

Zia | 9 comments I started playing in 6th grade.

message 10: by Brittany (new)

hi people. when i chose clarinet i almost chose flute.

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 33 comments I started in fifth grade.

Christa (is on top of the world!) (obsesedwbooks) I begain playing the clarenet in 5th grade but I stopped as soon as I graduated middle school because I didn't like it all that much to want to continue playing it throughout high school.

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 33 comments Why didn't you like it, Christa?

message 14: by Brittany (new)

Why did you get to start in fifth grade? do most school systems do that?

message 15: by Brittany (new)

i started the summer after fifth grade cuz thats how my schools do band (they teach you over the summer before 6th so that you already know the basics when you start band)

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 33 comments My school used to have kids start in 5th grade, although my grade was the last to do that. They cut the elementary school music program when I was in 6th grade.

message 17: by Brittany (new)

o... our schools just do recorders from 3rd to 5th grade

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

I started in 4th grade!

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 33 comments We sort of did recorders in 3rd grade, but the music teacher just stopped having us practice after two or three months. I still have my recorder in my room. :)

message 20: by Brittany (new)

im in geneseo IL but its a small town so unless ur from IL and you like football no one has heard of it. but i still have my recorder and we didnt really do a whole lot with them till 5th grade

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

I started basically in 5th grade and LOVE the clarinet..I am also gonna learn tenor or alto sax 4 jazz band in high school.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

same here too..we go to the same skool though:D

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

i started in 6th and hav been playing 4 1 yr, but im already at a 9th grade level even tho im in 7th...