The Next Best Book Club discussion

Newbies Corner > newbie more or less (joined 2 days ago)

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by scherzo♫ (new)

scherzo♫ (pjreads) Hello,
I'm Peggy from Mesa AZ (my heart's still in CA).

-Are you willing to kiss all your spare cash goodbye?
Oh yes, books are the only thing I buy without a thought about the cost.

-Are you easily distracted by independant bookshops, big name book stores, and library or used book sales?
More entranced than distracted ... I still treasure memories of the public libraries in Glendale CA, Inglewood CA, school/college libraries and bookstores everywhere, especially two in Ann Arbor MI.

Are your bookshelves currently a little tight of space?
They used to be, but I gave thousands and thousands of books to the Mesa public library before I left to spend two years in the UK. I kept Shakespeare books, writing books, a dozen sci-fi books, Buber's I and Thou, Wilber's A Theory of Everything, some art books ... (this is getting way too long).

I guess I feel at home already. I don't usually run on like this.

message 2: by Dan (new)

Dan (chaoticbuffalo) Welcome Peggy. Sounds like you'll fit right in here.

message 3: by Marci (new)

Marci (iread49) | 215 comments Welcome Peggy!!

message 4: by Catamorandi (new)

Catamorandi (wwwgoodreadscomprofilerandi) | 1045 comments Welcome, Peggy!!

message 5: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (bellamy22) | 610 comments Hi Peggy and Welcome!

message 6: by JSou (new)

JSou Welcome to TNBBC, Peggy!

message 7: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10019 comments Mod
Welcome Peggy! Thanks for finding us. Dropping all your beloved babies off at the library must have been so hard. I wouldnt have been as strong!!

message 8: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (JenJen1221) | 215 comments Hey Peggy. Welcome & my heart is still in CA too...and it will always be there.

message 9: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Kang | 29 comments Hi Peggy. Welcome and I hope you enjoy this group.

message 10: by Johanna (new)

Johanna Moran (johannamoran) | 19 comments Hi everyone, I'm fairly new to goodreads, and brand new to this group. I was intrigued by your August selection "The Time Traveler's Wife." I've been meaning to read it for some time, mainly because my Ballantine editor edited Audrey's book while still at McAdam Cage. She (the editor) was extremely thorough. My book profited a great deal from her keen eye. Looking forward to chatting with this interesting group. Johanna

message 11: by Hayes (new)

Hayes (hayes13) Welcome Peggy! and Johanna too!

message 12: by Johanna (new)

Johanna Moran (johannamoran) | 19 comments Thanks, Hayes. I'm happy to be here.

message 13: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10019 comments Mod
Hi Hi Johanna.. does that mean you are going to pick it up and read along with us?

message 14: by Johanna (new)

Johanna Moran (johannamoran) | 19 comments Yes. This was just the incentive I needed. I'm researching a new book, and haven't had much time for pure pleasure reading lately; but I'll make time.

message 15: by Edith (new)

Edith | 256 comments Hi Peggy and Johanna! Welcome and enjoy.

message 16: by scherzo♫ (new)

scherzo♫ (pjreads) Hi Dan, Marci, Popularandi, Suzanne, Jessica, Lori, Jennifer, Michelle, Edith,

Thanks for the warm welcomes.

Hi Johanna, Welcome from another newbie!

message 17: by Johanna (new)

Johanna Moran (johannamoran) | 19 comments Thanks, Peggy, and Edith, too. Looks like a great group.

message 18: by Lisa Julianna (new)

Lisa Julianna (lisajulianna) | 1053 comments Hi Peggy and Johanna,

Welcome to the group!!

message 19: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Kang | 29 comments Hi, Johanna. Welcome to the group. And I like your name :).

message 20: by Johanna (new)

Johanna Moran (johannamoran) | 19 comments Thanks, Michelle. Your name is the title of one of the loveliest songs ever written.
Waiting for Amazon to deliver Time Traveler's Wife. Hope I won't be too late to join in the discussion.