Tana (tana_t) | 14612 comments Mod
Knossos by Laura Gill Laura Gill

Genre: Historical Fiction

Page # 772

Knossos

Book Description:

Knossos.

The legendary Labyrinth.

Go back millennia to a time when Knossos was the jewel of Crete, center of commerce and pilgrimage. A Neolithic sea captain is driven to find a new homeland for his people when the neighboring tribes turn against them. Proud, ambitious priests and priestesses rule Crete through its many gods. Daidalos, a wronged architect, builds the Labyrinth after a devastating personal tragedy; his successors, the priest-architects of Daidalos, are charged with expanding and glorifying his master work. A dutiful scribe attends the dead after a natural disaster of world-changing fury. A dynasty of Mycenaean conquerors changes Crete, for good or ill. And a crazed girl’s passion and the mysterious bull-man of the Labyrinth will change history.

In these ten stories of Minoan Crete, spanning a period of five thousand years, Knossos is at the heart of it all.

Be one of the first 3 people to sign up below in order to receive a copy of this ebook to Read and Review!

It would be appreciated if you could post your reviews on Goodreads and Amazon.

Formats available: Mobi (kindle) or Pdf

All reviews should be completed and posted within 8 weeks after you receive your copy of the ebook.

Leave us your Name, email address and format you require.

message 2: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa | 1 comments I would love to read/review! What a great opportunity! This is a great way to promote one's book~ hope I can help :)

Alyssa
readviolentgrace@gmail.com
Preferred Format: Kindle/PDF

message 3: by Amy (new)

Amy H (twinypa) sent in your request

H.M. Flath (goodreadscomharryflath) | 47 comments I have just returned from a visit to Crete so this historical fiction captured my attention. I would like to read and review Knossos by Laura Gill.
Preferred format is pdf.
My email;
barharflath@hotmail.com

HM Flath

Laura Gill H.M. wrote: "I have just returned from a visit to Crete so this historical fiction captured my attention. I would like to read and review Knossos by Laura Gill.
Preferred format is pdf.
My email;
barharflath@h..."

Sending you a .pdf now.

H.M. Flath (goodreadscomharryflath) | 47 comments I have just posted a review of Knossos on Amazon and am looking to where I should post it on Goodreads. I have tried to find Knossos but the only place I been able to locate it is right here on Making Connections. Is there somewhere particular that I should be posting the review?

message 7: by Laura (last edited Aug 05, 2014 10:20AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Laura Gill H.M. wrote: "I have just posted a review of Knossos on Amazon and am looking to where I should post it on Goodreads. I have tried to find Knossos but the only place I been able to locate it is right here on Ma..."

Here is the link: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

Thanks for reading and reviewing. I'm glad you liked the book. To answer your question: yes, some of the events in the book are factual. The cycles of destruction and reconstruction are all real events. The high priest in Chapter Five is based on a real person. Pottery styles, dress, architecture, etc. is authentic to the period.

H.M. Flath (goodreadscomharryflath) | 47 comments Laura,
I have just posted my review following the link and have recommended it to several of my friends who enjoy historical fiction.
Thanks for sharing Knossos with me. I am now going to look for other books that you have written.
Sincerely Harry

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Knossos (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Laura Gill (other topics)