The insight? discussion

Book/Author/Celebritie News! > The Host Sequel?

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by I'amber, I'll forget this world. (last edited Aug 07, 2009 11:06PM) (new)

I'amber (xiamberx) | 376 comments Mod
The sequel to The Host will be called 'The Soul.'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QoqSO...

Go watch to see what Stephenie Meyer has to say!

http://thehostthesoulandtheseeker.blo...

message 2: by I'amber, I'll forget this world. (new)

Suppose to be, it's supposed to be called the Soul.

So far, this is all that I found and that video up there of course...

fawkes716 posted on Jul 17, 2008 at 04:44AM

I promise! In the latest issue of Entertainment Weekly they did an interview with Stephenie Meyer.
The article states "She already has a first and second sequel to The Host mapped out in her head." The article also mentions that she has already written four chapters of a ghost story she is calling 'Summer House'.
FANPOP*

http://www.fanpop.com/spots/the-host/...
-
Yes there is going to be a sequel to the host! Stephenie meyer said that she will continue after a little while since she doesnt like ending stories easily
WIKIANWERS*
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Will_there_...

-
http://www.amazon.com/The-Host-s-Sequ...
Amazon*

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

isnt there one thats supposed to be called The Seeker too? Cuz, that's what I heard. :-)

message 4: by I'amber, I'll forget this world. (new)

I heard there was supose to b 3rd one named that [:

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

oh, cool =)

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

r u team jared or team ian?

message 7: by I'amber, I'll forget this world. (new)

I don't think their should be a team, I lmean I love Ian, but I like jared too.

However like I said it isn't like Twilight you know? She wants Ian, it was just that Mel wanted Jared pulling her body between the two.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

i never really liked Ian, tho. I guess its because i felt that it was Wanda's fault that Mel was invaded (if yah kno wat i mean). Ian was somehow pushy to me (no offense). i liked Jared more cuz I liked Mel more.

Yah, it is sorta like Twilight. Yah kno, when Bella likes Jake and Edward. But in this case, its Wanda-Ian and Mel-Jared. the body is torn between the 2 of them, like u said.

message 9: by I'amber, I'll forget this world. (new)

It's better than Twilight, and I can see where you coming from but I liked both Mel and Wanda, and I loved Ian.

I loved how he seen Wanda for her, you know?

It just isn't like Twilight to me because in this case there four not three, but yes I understand what your saying.

message 10: by Perla (new)

Perla my friend read it and she said it was better than twilight

message 11: by I'amber, I'll forget this world. (new)

I agree, it is/

message 12: by madison (new)

madison (HBmadison) | 105 comments Same here. And I also agree that there shouldn't be a team. There's four people and they each know who they love.

Not sure if I want a sequel. I wasn't expecting it. /:

message 13: by I'amber, I'll forget this world. (new)

Same.

But actually the book did kinda leave u hanging with the other soul and all :D

message 14: by April (new)

April Larsen Camacho | 3 comments I think that The Host was more interesting than Twilight, I liked it a lot more. I would be excited for a sequel even though I like how it ended and would actually be content if there wasn't a sequel. I just don't want the story to drag on like Twilight did. It would ruin the series. Any who, I don't think there should be teams either because they all have their own bodies now and their own loves that are right for them. But for the record I love Ian (:

message 15: by I'amber, I'll forget this world. (new)

Ian was awesome ;D

Jessica~CoinOperatedJoy April wrote: "I think that The Host was more interesting than Twilight, I liked it a lot more. I would be excited for a sequel even though I like how it ended and would actually be content if there wasn't a sequ..."

I agree with you. I really don't want this series to become roadkill like the Twilight series became. However, I would love to see how some of the characters change. I forgot his name, but I would like to know how the guy who went to get his girlfriend and she ended up being gone so he put the soul back in her body and decided to try things out with her ended up. For example, does he continue to date her because she is replacing the girl he loved or does he come to love the soul in her as a seperate person? I would also like to see how the end would be...I mean, the souls are inherantly good so would they have to die in order for civilization to continue...couldn't they just co-exist? But then what would that mean for the trapped souls? They would have to test every single person to see if their souls were still there and wouldn't the bitterness be hard to live with for the people whose souls come back but all of their loved ones are gone??? SO MANY QUESTIONS and places Meyer could take this! I am very much looking forward to the next installment. Does anyone know when this book is expected to be released>?

message 17: by I'amber, I'll forget this world. (new)

It's Jyle Jess.

And I wannn know more about the soul at the very end of the book ^^

No, she has notgiven us anymore infor. about the books other than the name ]':

Jessica~CoinOperatedJoy I'amber wrote: "It's Jyle Jess.

And I wannn know more about the soul at the very end of the book ^^

No, she has notgiven us anymore infor. about the books other than the name ]':"

I imagine she's being more secretive then she used to be thanks to the leak of her last book...another case of that ONE person that ruined it for everyone else! :(

message 19: by I'amber, I'll forget this world. (new)

Ugh, I know! ):