Fans of Amish Fiction discussion

Amish Group Reads > Nominate August 2017 Group Read **VOTING CLOSED**

Comments (showing 1-11 of 11) (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Barbara (last edited Jul 11, 2017 11:18PM) (new)

Barbara | 1124 comments Mod
Nominations are now open for August 2017!

Kelly Caldwell, Melanie Dobson, Jan Drexler, Beverly Lewis, Amy Lillard, Adina Senft, and Suzanne Fisher Woods are exempt from nomination as we've already read one of their books this year, although we may make exceptions for novella collections that include one of these authors. If you're not sure if your book is eligible for nomination, please leave a comment and one of the moderators will get back to you!

Rules:
1. Any Amish-themed novel is eligible.
2. One nomination per person.
3. If two people nominate the same book, each person's vote counts. So the book will feature twice in the list to give each vote an equal chance.
4. Nominations run until the 14th of the month, with the winner announced on the 15th.
5. The winning book is chosen using Random.org to make it completely fair.
6. Please don't nominate a book we have already read. You can see our list of previous group reads here: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/... or look at the group read's bookshelf here: https://www.goodreads.com/group/books... (it includes the Christian group read as well).
7. Only nominate the first book in a series UNLESS we have already read #1 (see above link). In this case, #2 is then eligible for nomination!

Nominate away!!

#1 -- The Courtship Basket (Amish Heirloom, #2) by Amy Clipston -- Natalie
#2 -- Change of Heart (Sisters & Friend, #1) by Rachel J. Good -- Barbara
#3 -- Change of Heart (Sisters & Friend, #1) by Rachel J. Good -- Kate
#4 -- The Courtship Basket (Amish Heirloom, #2) by Amy Clipston -- Lorraine
#5 --

message 2: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (creativecountry0407gmailcom) | 1030 comments I will nominate The Courtship Basket (Amish Heirloom, #2) by Amy Clipston .

message 3: by Barbara (new)

I will throw something new into the ring... Change of Heart (Sisters & Friend, #1) by Rachel J. Good

Change of Heart (Sisters & Friends, #1) by Rachel J. Good

message 4: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (creativecountry0407gmailcom) | 1030 comments @Barbra Ann; I've been wanting to nominate Change of Heart (Sisters & Friends, #1) by Rachel J. Good for a while.

message 5: by Kate (new)

Kate (liahonagirl) I will second the nomination for Change of Heart (Sisters & Friends, #1) by Rachel J. Good. :)

message 6: by Barbara (new)

Natalie wrote: "@Barbra Ann; I've been wanting to nominate Change of Heart (Sisters & Friends, #1) by Rachel J. Good for a while."

Glad I could do it for you!

message 7: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine (LorraineA) | 11 comments Natalie wrote: "I will nominate The Courtship Basket (Amish Heirloom, #2) by Amy Clipston ."

I second the nomination

message 8: by Barbara (last edited Jul 14, 2017 08:10AM) (new)

Last call for nominations -- Our August read will be announced in the morning!!

message 9: by Barbara (new)

And next month's group read is...

#1 -- The Courtship Basket (Amish Heirloom, #2) by Amy Clipston

Thanks for the nomination Natalie!

message 10: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn V | 210 comments I bet that book will be good. Is the series 'stand alone books' I haven't got the first book either

message 11: by Kate (new)

Kate (liahonagirl) The series is about a family of sisters and each of their courtship stories. So, there are mentions of characters in the previous book, but you don't have to have read that one to appreciate this one.
I hope y'all will enjoy The Courtship Basket as much as I did. I think it may be my favourite of the series (that I've read thus far . . . picking up the last book in the series at the library today!). :)