Cozy Mystery Corner discussion

Looking for Recommendations > First in series.

Comments (showing 1-6 of 6) (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (DragonQueen6) | 5 comments I am reading so much lately. I am looking for the next read. I'll be ready by end of next week. So is there a new series, or new topic that seems interesting? I'm kind of bored with all the food themes. I'm looking for a new hobby or craft. Suggestions? I like knitting and crochet mysteries, and have read a few of those. Just curious what else is there?

message 2: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Boehlefeld (SharonLPB) | 127 comments I just started the Amish Quilt Shop Mysteries by Isabella Alan and I enjoyed the first two. I have the third on hold at the library.

message 3: by MadameZelda (last edited Jul 04, 2017 10:22PM) (new)

MadameZelda | 239 comments I have to ask about the Amish series. I am thinking this means no cell phone to get help and no electricity; is that right?

My questioning is because I'm thinking Amish means similar to historical mysteries, and historical is way low on my list.

message 4: by Nell (last edited Jul 05, 2017 03:25AM) (new)

Nell | 1765 comments Mod
The group bookshelf has categories for series-first and arts & crafts. The link is on the upper right of this page below the icon.

message 5: by Melodie (last edited Jul 05, 2017 03:05PM) (new)

Melodie (MelodieCO) | 620 comments MadameZelda wrote: "I have to ask about the Amish series. I am thinking this means no cell phone to get help and no electricity; is that right?

My questioning is because I'm thinking Amish means similar to historical..."

No, it doesn't in this case. The heroine inherited the quilt shop from her aunt who married an Amish man. The heroine isn't Amish. She is very familiar with most of the Amish as she would spend time in the summer when she was growing up with the aunt as the aunt never had children of her own. I've read some of the books and liked them.

message 6: by MadameZelda (new)

MadameZelda | 239 comments Thanks, Melodie! I like your synopsis and will look at borrowing book 1.