Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

Author Resource Round Table > Amazon cancelling orders?

Comments (showing 1-4 of 4) (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mike (new)

Mike Russell (strangebooks) | 6 comments Hi all,
I hope this is in the right place.
We have 3 books published through Createspace. A kind colleague was intrigued by our books and ordered a copy of each through Amazon. He's in the UK (as we are) and has Prime. Just over a week later he received an email to say that the order has been cancelled but no reason was given. He's ordered other things recently with no problems. He has now ordered them again and will update us with the status.

Has anyone else had this? It could just be a one off or at least an extremely rare occurrence, but the idea of losing sales and having no idea that it happens (or why) is a bit worrying! We've certainly had many other friends order books with no issues.

Any info or stories would be appreciated.

Mike and Jay

message 2: by L.J. (new)

L.J. Kane (L_J_Kane_Author) | 96 comments Mike wrote: "Hi all,
I hope this is in the right place.
We have 3 books published through Createspace. A kind colleague was intrigued by our books and ordered a copy of each through Amazon. He's in the UK (as ..."

Hi Mike.

I'm a UK author and I've not had a problem with orders being cancelled by Amazon. I'm wondering if Createspace had a problem with one of its printers. I ordered copies of my book to giveaway on GR, and some were printed in the UK, but others were printed in Poland. Hopefully the issue will be a one-off for you.

I've considered also using Ingram Spark to produce paperbacks in the UK (Waterstones prefers UK printers), so it may be good to have a few options like that if things start going wrong with CS.

I hope that's of help to you 🙂

L.J.

Lovegoddess Seeranie Hunt (LovegoddessSeeranieHunt) | 1 comments I hope things work out for you. I have no idea though. Hopefully you get the right answer!

message 4: by Bernard (new)

Bernard Boley (Bernard_Boley) | 29 comments Did you contact Createspace to find out what happened?