Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

The Librarians and the Pot of Gold
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Book Cover Help > Please add book cover.

Comments (showing 1-7 of 7) (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anne (new) - added it

Anne MacEneaney | 254 comments Please add book cover to The Librarians & the Pot of Gold by Greg Cox. ISBN: 9780765384119. https://smile.amazon.com/Librarians-P...

message 2: by Monika (new)

Monika (MonikaL) | 674 comments Hey there, I've added the cover to both, the hardcover and the pbk edition.

Thanks for the information!

message 3: by Elle (new)

Elle | 4 comments Hi, not sure if I am in the right place, but when I first added my book on here it had one cover and now it has a new one. I have added the book with the newer cover on here as a new edition. Will this update the book cover so that images are uniformed across Goodreads and Amazon? If not, how do I ensure that the correct cover image is displayed on here?

message 4: by Monika (last edited Jul 04, 2017 10:41AM) (new)

Monika (MonikaL) | 674 comments #3- Hey, Elle, it's highly recommended that you don't comment under threads which are linked to a specific book (See the header), unless your request/ query is regarding that book. Next time, please start a new thread.

Book covers don't exactly get 'updated' when they are published which newer covers. It's GR's policy to keep all published covers and editions so that users can shelf the edition they own. We create alternate cover editions instead which have the newer cover.

The kindle edition was imported by amazon with the current cover. The book you say you added, has no cover on it. I'll make few changes to it and it'll be considered as the alternate cover edition for the kindle edition.

Creating another edition doesn't update the main work, each edition has it's own cover.

You can find the ACE here (made few changes to the book you already created, thanks for that btw).

As an author you can set the default edition for a work by following this topic.

message 5: by Elle (new)

Elle | 4 comments Monika wrote: "#3- Hey, Elle, book cover don't exactly get 'updated' when they are published which newer covers. It's GR's policy to keep all published covers and editions so that users can shelf the edition they..."

so there will be two editions showing, one with each cover? Will they be combined in terms of reviews and ratings?

message 6: by Monika (new)

Monika (MonikaL) | 674 comments #5- yes there will be two editions showing, one published in feb and the other published in this month with the newer cover. The ratings and reviews will be combined as well.

Thanks for reaching out!

message 7: by Elle (new)

Elle | 4 comments Monika wrote: "#5- yes there will be two editions showing, one published in feb and the other published in this month with the newer cover. The ratings and reviews will be combined as well.

Thanks for reaching out!"

thank you Monika

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.