LitRPG Forum discussion

Reviews Wanted > Guidelines

Comments (showing 1-13 of 13) (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Felicity, Reading Is My Cardio (last edited Jul 03, 2017 04:19PM) (new)

Felicity | 129 comments Mod
So, how to use the Reviews Wanted discussion board?

Pretty simple! If you are a READER who is interested in reviewing a LitRPG novel, I suggest creating a post titled Willing to Review with any preferences you have, like length, subject matter, etc.

If you are an AUTHOR who would like to distribute your ARC's, I suggest creating a post titled however you wish, and the body of the post detailing the number of reviewers you are seeking with a blurb or description of your LitRPG.

Hope this helps! Happy Reading 📚

message 2: by GaiusPrimus (new)

GaiusPrimus | 80 comments I'm up for reviewing anything. My to read shelf is being held up by duct tape, construction screws and liquid glue, but I always open space on the front-end for ARC's

message 3: by Felicity, Reading Is My Cardio (new)

Felicity | 129 comments Mod
Lol, fear the shelf.

Soon as this group picks up speed and more authors become aware of its existence, I bet you will get a deluge of ARCs. Be careful what you wish for!

message 4: by Zachariah (new)

Zachariah Dracoulis | 4 comments I don't have an ARC, but I can provide a plain RC? Aha, hit me up with a message if you're interested Gaius :)

message 5: by Wolfgarr (last edited Jul 14, 2017 11:15AM) (new)

Wolfgarr | 2 comments willing to review just about anything. Toss me a message :)

BTW... I can and do go through a 3-400 page book a day. Yes.. you read that right. I average a book read a day.

message 6: by R.J. (new)

R.J. Triveri | 23 comments Wolfgarr wrote: "willing to review just about anything. Toss me a message :)

BTW... I can and do go through a 3-400 page book a day. Yes.. you read that right. I average a book read a day."

I'm a bit jealous at that. I wish I had that kind of speed reading talent.

message 7: by Conor (new)

Conor Kostick | 12 comments Thanks Felicity, Paul, for the group and opportunity to post.

I have a collection of six stories set in virtual reality, https://www.amazon.com/Eternal-Voyage...
Although it says LitRPG in the title, only one of the stories is pure LitRPG.

The audio book version has just been released and I have been given some promotional codes for free downloads for reviewers. So I'd welcome it if someone were willing to listen and review.

You're welcome to email me for the code. conorkostick at gmail dot com.

Thanks!

message 8: by R.J. (new)

R.J. Triveri | 23 comments Still new at the publishing game, so I hope this isn't too silly of a quesiton. An ARC is a completed work beta read before release, correct? Beta readers are considered to be something different.

message 9: by GaiusPrimus (new)

GaiusPrimus | 80 comments I wouldn't call it a beta.

It's a proofed and edited version of the completed work, without final print editing.

message 10: by R.J. (new)

R.J. Triveri | 23 comments GaiusPrimus wrote: "I wouldn't call it a beta.

It's a proofed and edited version of the completed work, without final print editing."

Ah, poor word choice. I mean pre-read rather than beta read before release, but I think you undersood what I meant. Good to know.

message 11: by Ade (new)

Ade (ade-greenwise) | 2 comments Semi-litRPG about a 'survival adventure' VRMMO world filled with evolving Artificial Life.
It's speculative sci-fi, and the gear is linked via EEG to brainwaves.
It's also about the addictive nature of gaming.

Progression to brave reviewers!

Fountellion in The Spiral: The Nature of the Game & Progression One

message 12: by Ogbebaba (new)

Ogbebaba | 3 comments Gaius a while back I did an experiment to see how fast I could enjoy an audiobook. Sense audible only goes so fast and some books don’t have audio versions I got an app called voice dream and gradually upped the speed till I could easily comprehend at the max speed of 650 words per min. I was going threw two or three books a day. But it was a huge wast. Instead of getting 12 to 25 hours of entertainment from a book I was getting 2.5 to 6. So while it was fascinating that I could comprehend at that speed it was basically like watching movies in fast coward

message 13: by R.M. (new)

R.M. Mulder | 2 comments Ogbebaba wrote: "Gaius a while back I did an experiment to see how fast I could enjoy an audiobook. Sense audible only goes so fast and some books don’t have audio versions I got an app called voice dream and gradu..."

Lol. Did the narrators sound like chipmunks?