Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

Archive (general) > June 2017 in Reflection - Best and Worst Reads

Comments (showing 1-13 of 13) (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 8759 comments Let's reflect on the best and worst of the previous month's books.....

I know I can get so focused on what is next that I forget about all the wonderful books I read for the previous month's challenges! It's the Fourth of July weekend for us in the US, a time for parades, BBQs and fireworks, but I bet most of us find a little bit of reading time too! Do you have big plans for the weekend or the rest of summer? Let us know!

Did you find some gems last month? DNF a few? Find your new book boyfriend or a heroine who personifies TSTL? Come on, we all want to know! What were your standouts for June? Are you looking forward to anything special in July?

message 2: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 8759 comments Wow, I had 3 books I gave 5 stars in June! For me, 5 stars is as much about how the book makes me feel, especially when I'm finished. If I sit back and thing, wow that was great and I'm so glad I read it - that's the best! Last month, Treachery in Death, Joy Ride and Mister Moneybags all made me feel that way!

Then there were the books that were 'just' really good - Every Little Thing, Buns, Royally Matched and This Duchess of Mine. There were a few more, but those were the best of the rest! No duds either! =)

message 3: by Robin (new)

Robin (Robinmy) | 62 comments Sounds like you had a great month, MountainKat! It's been a long time since I've had three 5-Star books in one month.

message 4: by Robin (new)

Robin (Robinmy) | 62 comments This is an easy question. My only 5-Star book was The Hating Game by Sally Thorne The Hating Game by Sally Thorne. It's one of the best I've read all year.

Another good book (4.5 Stars) that I read in June was Chilled (Bone Secrets, #2) by Kendra Elliot Chilled by Kendra Elliot.

message 5: by NayNay (new)

NayNay This month I read two 5* reads
Gilt by Katherine Longshore Getting Stoned with Savages A Trip Through the Islands of Fiji and Vanuatu by J. Maarten Troost

And no worst reads the rest were all four star books....I had a good month!

message 6: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 8759 comments Looks like both of you had a great month too!

message 7: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 9158 comments My favorite read of June was His Road Home by Anna Richland. The premise of how the H and h met and got involved was unique and interesting. I really liked them both, separately and together :)

I enjoyed the other books I read in June as well, no duds last month... Let It Shine by Alyssa Cole, The Firework Exploded (The Holidays, #3) by Tara Sivec, Deck the Halls With Love (The Lost Lords of Pembrook, #2.5) by Lorraine Heath

message 8: by D.G. (last edited Jul 02, 2017 02:26PM) (new)

D.G. | 3778 comments June was a really good month for me!

One 5-star:
The Shameless Hour (The Ivy Years, #4) by Sarina Bowen

4.5 stars
The Understatement of the Year (The Ivy Years, #3) by Sarina Bowen

4 stars
The Prisoner of Zenda by Anthony Hope The Winning Season (Feeling the Heat, #2) by Alison Packard The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life by Mark Manson Nemesis (Miss Marple, #12) by Agatha Christie Feed by M.T. Anderson

message 9: by Hanne (new)

Hanne | 113 comments My favorite books of June:
Amnesia (Amnesia, #1) by Cambria Hebert Royally Matched (Royally, #2) by Emma Chase Waiting for Wyatt (A Red Dirt Novel #1) by S.D. Hendrickson - They are all very different, but all so, so good!

Other amazing books I've read:
Sincerely, Carter (Sincerely Carter, #1) by Whitney G. Strong Enough by Melanie Harlow Unveiling The Sky (Unveiling #1) by Jeannine Allison Brothers by Helena Newbury

message 10: by Monique (new)

Monique | 109 comments June was a wonderful month for reading. I had a lot of 5 stars :D
Any Duchess Will Do (Spindle Cove, #4) by Tessa Dare Beyond Pain (Beyond, #3) by Kit Rocha The Pale Horseman (The Last Kingdom Series, Book 2) by Bernard Cornwell The Raider (Highland Guard, #8) by Monica McCarty

And I totally love this series. All books got a big fat 5 stars from me :D
The Risk (Mindf*ck, #1) by S.T. Abby Sidetracked (Mindf*ck, #2) by S.T. Abby Scarlet Angel (Mindf*ck, #3) by S.T. Abby All the Lies (Mindf*ck, #4) by S.T. Abby Paint It All Red (Mindf*ck, #5) by S.T. Abby

message 11: by JoAnne (new)

JoAnne | 930 comments I had four 5 stars
The Sound of Glass by Karen White A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness Rock Chick Reawakening (Rock Chick, #0.5) by Kristen Ashley The Rose Garden by Susanna Kearsley

I had some 4 1/2 stars
Egomaniac by Vi Keeland Archer's Voice by Mia Sheridan Hard to Hold (Caine Cousins Book 1) by Nicole Edwards

message 12: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 8759 comments Isn't it great when you find some many great books?! =)

message 13: by JoAnne (new)

JoAnne | 930 comments Because I liked The Sound of Glass by Karen White, I looked at some of her other books. I started her mystery/ghost series, which I like very much. The first one is The House on Tradd Street. Finished the second one yesterday. The Girl On Legare Street

I gave them 4 stars each.