Tudor History Lovers discussion

Group Reads > Nominations Open - Group Read for August 2017

Comments (showing 1-22 of 22) (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (SusannaG) | 1550 comments What book about the Tudors or Tudor England would you like to have as our Group Read in August?

If it's in a series, can it be easily read as a stand-alone? If not, you might want to nominate the first book in the series, or the most recent book in it the group has not read together.

Can't remember what we've already read as a group? (Sometimes I can't, either.) There's a "group-reads" shelf on the group's Bookshelf.

Two nominations to a person, please.

message 2: by Skye (new)

Skye Skye | 484 comments The Lady in the Tower, by Jean Plaidy

message 4: by Heather (new)

Heather Plain Jane: A novel of Jane Seymour by Laurien Gardner

message 5: by Heather (new)

Heather Elizabeth of York by Alison Weir

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (SusannaG) | 1550 comments We read Elizabeth of York: A Tudor Queen and Her World in January 2014 - the thread is still open (if you scroll down the list far enough).

message 7: by Heather (new)

Heather Sorry
Young & Damned & Fair by Gareth Russell

message 8: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (creativecountry0407gmailcom) | 49 comments I will nominate Lady Jane Grey A Tudor Mystery by Eric Ives and Thomas Cromwell The Untold Story of Henry VIII's Most Faithful Servant by Tracy Borman .

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (SusannaG) | 1550 comments I'll probably be closing nominations and opening the poll sometime tomorrow, so now is a good time to make a nomination, if you have anything in mind.

message 11: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine | 78 comments I will nominate The Tudor Bride by Joanna Hickson and The Last Boleyn by Karen Harper.

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (SusannaG) | 1550 comments The poll is at the bottom of the group's home page, or here: https://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/1... .

message 14: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (creativecountry0407gmailcom) | 49 comments @Susanna: FYI: Just wanted to pass along that I may nominate a little later than usual next month or not all.

Can we still vote on the polls for a particular month even if we don't nominate that month?

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (SusannaG) | 1550 comments Oh, sure.

message 16: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (creativecountry0407gmailcom) | 49 comments @Susanna: Thanks for the clarification.

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (SusannaG) | 1550 comments No problem.

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (SusannaG) | 1550 comments It is indeed the winner, and we'll be discussing it here: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/... .

message 20: by Skye (new)

Skye Skye | 484 comments :)

message 21: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (creativecountry0407gmailcom) | 49 comments Looks like I may be able to get Young and Damned and Fair The Life of Catherine Howard, Fifth Wife of King Henry VIII by Gareth Russell in audio. I will have to check on my library's website first, though.

message 22: by Natalie (last edited Jul 11, 2017 02:12PM) (new)

Natalie (creativecountry0407gmailcom) | 49 comments @Susanna: FYI: My request for Young and Damned and Fair The Life of Catherine Howard, Fifth Wife of King Henry VIII by Gareth Russell in audio is now pending at our library through inter-library loan. Yay!