Addicted to YA discussion

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay
Stand Alone > Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

Comments (showing 1-20 of 20) (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erika, Dream Thief (new)

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 4437 comments Mod
What did you think of it? Favorite or least favorite characters? Favorite or least favorite part?

message 2: by Takiyah (new)

Takiyah Erika wrote: "What did you think of it? Favorite or least favorite characters? Favorite or least favorite part?"

I just ordered the book so I will let you know whom is my favorite/least favorite? Who are yours?

Lisa Marie | 1 comments Loved the book and the movie. Overall very good. I really like the female characters. Both of them are very good.

Idiosyncratic Librocubicultarist  (goodreadscominsomniac) | 1 comments My favorite characters were Newt and Jacob. I loved the screenplay and the movie, it was great. One of my favorite parts are when Newt and Jacob meet and the climax at the end.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I saw the movie and I keep meaning to read this. Now I have the chance to go and read it!

Isabella Sulti | 38 comments I saw the movie before I read the script and, while I was reading I could picture every scene perfectly. It was a very unique reading experience 💕

Alyson Stone (AlysonSerenaStone) | 185 comments Loved it!

Hayley ▪ Escape Into YA Books | 8 comments loved the movie! This was my first screenplay and it's kinda weird, i don't like reading a screenplay as much as a novel. it was like a summary of what happens

Stephanie (stephaniemcx93) | 1 comments I loved the book, it is so beautiful

Queena  (studycharms) | 3 comments This was my first screenplay read through as well. FBAWTFT would probably the only time I will ever see the movie before reading the book. And, I think it worked out pretty well. I could definitely picture the scenes unfold as I read the script. And, there are snippets that I didn't recall in detail from the movie which I saw emphasized in the script.

Overall, it was an extremely quick read and a nice segway for discussions about the script as well as how the actors and the cinematography brought the words to life on the screen.

Victoria Foyle (victoria_foyle) | 31 comments It was great. Jacob is the best.

message 12: by S.T. (new)

S.T. Sanchez | 8 comments I loved it and can't wait for the sequel. I can't remember the characters name but I loved the little stick creature. He was by far my favorite:)

message 13: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 20 comments I really enjoyed the movie, but I haven't read the book yet. I really enjoyed the fact there were some strong female characters

message 14: by Mark (new)

Mark Kloss (MarkKloss) | 63 comments I have only watched the movie and this has prompted me to remember I must read the book!

message 15: by Jacob (new) - added it

Jacob Henson (JacobHenson) | 7 comments I have watched the movie and I absolutely loved it, haven't read the book yet

message 16: by Erin (new) - rated it 5 stars

Erin | 4 comments I️ just loved everything about this! As a Hufflepuff it is great to see Newt on the big screen and in the book of course.

message 17: by Tatiana (last edited Nov 14, 2017 01:46AM) (new) - added it

Tatiana Rocha (tnevesrocha) | 18 comments I think that for me, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander will forever be that small red book with handwritten annotations I have seating in my Harry Potter shelf. I just really can't get past that. I watched the movie and although I found Eddie Redmayne's performance outsanding, as always, I just can't really see it as part of the Harry Potter world, it seems to have too mant bloopers.

message 18: by Akshara (new)

Akshara (aksh_ashk) | 14 comments I loooovvvveee the books! The screenplay and the school textbook too. Man, I wish I could afford the newly Illustrated edition.

But, I will always love the textbook the most. There's a lot of nostalgia in the graffiti by Ron, Harry ...and even (sacrilege!) Hermione.

Rebecca Sun I loved it! i read it too fast,so I'm looking forward to binge on it again sometime near when the next movie comes out. Whoo hoo! Favorite character is probably Newt. :)

message 20: by Lynn (new) - added it

Lynn Dalton (daltonsunshine) | 6 comments Does this book have its plot more geared toward children like in Harry Potter, or more toward adult characters?