Historical Fictionistas discussion

Goodreads Author Zone > Want to be interviewed about your book?

Comments (showing 1-11 of 11) (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Wayne (new)

Wayne Turmel (WayneTurmel) | 36 comments HI everyone. It's been a while since I put out a general call to my fellow HF authors. On my blog (www.wayneturmel.com) I interview historical fiction authors about their books. I'm especially interested in under-written-about periods or characters.

Check out the blog and if you're interested, send me an email or Goodreads direct message. I'm excited to meet you and learn about your work.

message 2: by Rick (new)

Rick DeStefanis | 18 comments Wayne,
After reading your post here on the Goodreads HF thread, I wish to propose myself and my work for a possible interview. I have a Vietnam War Series with three novels and a fourth coming out in a week or two. All are based on historical events, with a focus on accurate depiction. As a matter of fact, I’ve had several combat vets say they recognized scenes or events about which I write. These novels are not simple “war” stories. I take a holistic approach, not only through deep development of characters, but also by including love interests, home life and non-combatants in order to appeal to a broad range of readers. The first two novels revolve around the CIA’s infamous Phoenix Program. The third, Raeford’s MVP, is a fanciful love story told with dark humor, but only the first six chapters take place in Vietnam. The remainder of the novel follows the protagonist as he seeks to find meaning in his life after the war. The fourth novel, Valley of the Purple Hearts, is a more conventional story that follows a squad of paratroopers into the A Shau Valley after Tet-1968, and it too takes a careful measure of PTSS.

In case you wonder why “PTSS” instead of “PTSD,” I have a fan, a retired brigadier general from the Army medical corps, who insists PTSS is a normal reaction and not a “disorder.”

I hope you find my work worthwhile and look forward to hearing from you.

Rick DeStefanis, Author
www.rickdestefanis.com

message 3: by Anthony (new)

Anthony Cleveland | 5 comments Hello. I'm new to Goodreads and to this group. I'm not sure if this is appropriate but I would like to take you up on your offer for an interview. My first novel Roots of Faith was recently published in late May and I'm still learning how to market it in various media. It is a rather lengthy (722 pages) intergenerational saga about the trial and tribulations of four southern American families with roots in England, Scotland, and Ulster. Each chapter educates the reader about a significant event in the development of the British and American Christian church and how those events impacted these four families. I know the Christian theme may put some readers "off" but even the non-religious types would find this work informative and help them to understand some of the sociocultural and political forces that went into the development of the United States and, in particular, the First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. Looking forward to hearing from you.

message 4: by Tony (new)

Tony Morgan | 15 comments Hi Wayne - if you're still interested, I'd definitely be interested. I'll get in touch.

message 5: by Josanna (new)

Josanna Thompson | 7 comments Hi Wayne, Still looking for author's to interview? I'm raising my hand. Thanks for asking.

message 6: by Wayne (new)

Wayne Turmel (WayneTurmel) | 36 comments Sure am. Always looking for new historical fiction authors with all kinds of stories and backgrounds. Bring it on.

message 7: by Ken (new)

Ken Czech | 33 comments Wayne recently interviewed me concerning my African exploration novel "Beyond The River Of Shame." I received nice feedback. My thanks to Wayne.

message 8: by Bruce (new)

Bruce Gardner (authorbrucegardner) | 8 comments Hi Wayne, the launch date for my debut novel is coming in mid-June. If you're offer to interview still stands, I'd love to take you up on it. The novel is set amidst a definitely underwritten time period and major event: The European Thirty Years War (1618-1648). It involves strong elements of international religious warfare, intrigue, family love, faith, and romance. With the 400th anniversary of that cataclysmic war's outbreak rapidly approaching, there's quite a bit of interest building. I look forward to getting in touch with you very soon.

message 9: by Wayne (new)

Wayne Ng (WayneNgWrites) | 3 comments Hi Wayne
My debut novel, Finding the Way celebrated it's digital launch on Amazon in April, hard copy availability is forthcoming. It more than fits the bill of an under-written period/characters. In fact I believe it to be the only fictionalized account of Taoist founder, Lao Tzu.
Check it out on my GR page or website, waynengwrites.com.
I'd love for you to interview me.
At the very least, we Wayne's gotta stand together!
regards
W

message 10: by Wayne (new)

Wayne Turmel (WayneTurmel) | 36 comments Drop me a line. I know were connected on Twitter so send me your email address!

message 11: by Calvin (new)

Calvin Cherry | 17 comments Hello Wayne.
I would like to take you up on your offer. My debut novel STOKER: Evolution of a Vampire is a prequel to Dracula and was published in February. Bram Stoker is the central character. I fuse the life and times of Vlad the Impaler with Bram Stoker's timeline and used Bram's own diaries and notes in my plot. Please contact me at chcherry1969@gmail.com.