Tigana Readalong discussion

Chapter 16 - Chapter 18

Comments (showing 1-5 of 5) (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katie (new)

Katie (katiepatricia) We're getting close to the end, what did you think of chapters 16 to 18?

message 2: by Anna (new)

Anna (vegfic) I like the style, with more POVs changing frequently. It matches what's happening, with all the pieces coming together. Compared to the first half where the chapters were very long with just one POV.

message 3: by Thia (new)

Thia (thiareadsalot) | 13 comments I'm definitely reading the chapters faster since things are starting to move along. I'm trying to imagine how Alessan wants to use the situation and all the people who came to fight, but I can't say I can connect all the pieces, especially not the Night Walker with Lady Bosco.
Dianora doing the Dive to kill herself and then changing her mind, again. I don't suppose she will have a happy ending with Brandin... Can someone please recognize her soon? Like, before she's dead?
Not sure I'm totally ok with Catriana going off on her own to kill someone, especially during, again, a sex scene. I suppose Devin or Alessan or someone else will save her before she falls, but maybe not. That's the kind of stupid thing Devin would do.

message 4: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey | 8 comments Thia wrote: "Can someone please recognize her soon? Like, before she's dead?" I KNOW, RIGHT?

I enjoyed the history/symbolism of the Ring Dive. Does anyone know if that's based on something real like the Night Walkers are, or if it's a complete fabrication?

Anyhow, I'm glad Elena isn't dead. I was worried there. And Alais is finally getting some long-overdue development. But I still don't get why Devin is important in this story.

message 5: by Renata (last edited Aug 10, 2017 10:50AM) (new)

Renata Lessa | 5 comments Kelsey wrote: "I enjoyed the history/symbolism of the Ring Dive. Does anyone know if that's based on something real li..."

I think it is! This ceremony is pretty similar to the Ring Dive. Well, except for the actual diving.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marriag...