Bookish Kingdom discussion

The Wrath and the Dawn (The Wrath and the Dawn, #1)
This topic is about The Wrath and the Dawn
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Book Of The Month Readalong > BOTM July 2017: The Wrath and the Dawn

Comments (showing 1-50 of 257) (257 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by Ayla (ParadisePinkPages) (last edited Jul 11, 2017 08:22AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Ayla (ParadisePinkPages) (goodreadscomayla) | 632 comments Mod
description

"The Wrath and the Dawn" is the BOTM of July, for the theme "Fairytale retellings"!
You can find the guidelines here.

Please sign up in this thread, if you want to join the readalong.

The Wrath and the Dawn (The Wrath and the Dawn, #1) by Renee Ahdieh
The Wrath and the Dawn

So the idea of a 'Book of the month' is sort of a read-along. The BOTM thread (this one) will be for the people who want to do the read-along and share their thoughts after each goal (July 8/9 - I just read till page 40 and my thoughts are .... etc.). Spoilers must be marked of course!

Reading schedule
July 1/7 - Time to get your copies!
July 8/9 - read prologue + until (incl.) chapter 3 ("The veil between")
July 10/11 - read until (incl.) chapter 6 ("Draw weight")
July 12/13 - read until (incl.) chapter 9 ("The beginning is the end")
July 14/15 - read until (incl.) chapter 12 ("A righteous blaze and a restless spirit")
July 16/17 - read until (incl.) chapter 15 ("The promise of tomorrow")
July 18/19 - read until (incl.) chapter 18 ("To inflict a dark wound")
July 20/21 - read until (incl.) chapter 21 ("Mehrdad the bluebearded")
July 22/23 - read until (incl.) chapter 24 ("Two crossed swords")
July 24/25 - read until (incl.) chapter 27 ("A floating carpet and a rising tide")
July 26/27 - read until (incl.) chapter 30 ("Ava")
July 28/29 - read until (incl.) chapter 33 ("Burning embers")
July 30/31 --> Time for more discussion :) This is also the best moment for people who have already read the book before to join in!

(or *[number]) --> in case you have another edition than the main one I used for the schedule, just do this:
1. - Divide your total amount of pages by 11.
2. - Multiply this by the number of the day (which is [number])

Have fun :D

message 2: by Ayla (ParadisePinkPages) (last edited Jul 07, 2017 06:49AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Participants:
Ilsen - Becca - Alaska - Gabi - Regsly - Iris - Laurel
- Eesha - Lena - Hayli (will join the 10th) - Me (I'll join the 11th) - TH (will join the discussion)

Also, I wanted to try something new this month, which is setting up a few discussion questions about this book for the discussion at the end of July!

Ilsen Leon | 671 comments Mod
Ooh yay! I have this book! I'm excited

Regsly | 856 comments Mod
*sniff* I have 2 of the books in the pool, but not this one... Next botm maybe

No!! My BOTM buddy! Are you sure you can't order it? I was really looking forward to our discussions!

Minx -The Genre Minx Book Reviews (TheGenreMinx) | 148 comments This is such a good book! You will love it!! I can't wait to see what you think. ;D

Erica (xtisb) I really enjoyed it, I think it's one of the best retellings I've read :)

Becca (becandbones) (becandbones) | 435 comments Just put my copy on hold, should have within the week *fingers crossed*
I'm actually kinda excited for this one because I just finished Flame in the Mist for a June BOTM.

Ilsen wrote: "Ooh yay! I have this book! I'm excited"

Good to hear you'll be joining again :D

Regsly wrote: "*sniff* I have 2 of the books in the pool, but not this one... Next botm maybe"

Too bad you can't participate again, Regsly :(

Erica wrote: "I really enjoyed it, I think it's one of the best retellings I've read :)"

Minx -The Genre Minx wrote: "This is such a good book! You will love it!! I can't wait to see what you think. ;D"

Sounds promising!! :)

Becca wrote: "Just put my copy on hold, should have within the week *fingers crossed*
I'm actually kinda excited for this one because I just finished Flame in the Mist for a June BOTM."

Hope you'll receive it in time! :)
Did you like "Flame in the Mist"? I've heard great things about that one as well!

♛ federica ♛ (tayrgaryentrash) | 3 comments Sign me up! I'm finally free enough to partecipate in the BOTM read-along for the first time since I joined this group and I can't wait!

Alaska ♡ wrote: "Sign me up! I'm finally free enough to partecipate in the BOTM read-along for the first time since I joined this group and I can't wait!"

Okay, I added you! Good to hear you're so excited for the readalong :D

message 14: by Gabi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gabi Eisenberg (GabiEisenberg) I want to for sure!

Gabi wrote: "I want to for sure!"

Cool! I added you :)

Ilsen wrote: "No!! My BOTM buddy! Are you sure you can't order it? I was really looking forward to our discussions!"

Awww you're sweet! Actually I saw it today on sale so I got it :D

Erica wrote: "I really enjoyed it, I think it's one of the best retellings I've read :)"

Minx -The Genre Minx wrote: "This is such a good book! You will love it!! I can't wait to see what you think. ;D"

You guys are rising my expectations ;)

Ayla wrote: "Too bad you can't participate again, Regsly :( "

I got it on sale, so I'll be participating after all! :D

message 19: by Ilsen (new) - rated it 1 star

Yay!! I'm glad you can join now Regsly! <3

Ilsen wrote: "Yay!! I'm glad you can join now Regsly! <3"

I'll be raging on some character with you again this month *giggle*
Let's have fun! :3

Regsly wrote: "Ayla wrote: "Too bad you can't participate again, Regsly :( "

I got it on sale, so I'll be participating after all! :D"

Yass :D
Also, lucky you, I wish my bookstore had such popular books on sale xD

message 22: by Iris (new) - added it

Iris Scholte (mappedfiction) | 34 comments I'm participating as well ! sounds fun!

Iris wrote: "I'm participating as well ! sounds fun!"

Yayy! :D
I added you :)

Laurel | 9 comments I'm participating too! Super excited! Ive never done group reads before.

Laurel wrote: "I'm participating too! Super excited! Ive never done group reads before."

Thanks for signing up and good to hear you're excited for the readalong :D

Ayla wrote: "Yass :D
Also, lucky you, I wish my bookstore had such popular books on sale xD"

Lmaooo me too. I got the ebook xD

It seems there's gonna be a lot of participants this time :D

message 28: by Ilsen (new) - rated it 1 star

That's good! I'm up to making some new friends to discuss books with :)

Ilsen wrote: "That's good! I'm up to making some new friends to discuss books with :)"

Regsly wrote: "It seems there's gonna be a lot of participants this time :D"

Yess, I love that so many people are willing to participate this time! This is going to be a great readalong :D

So I'll probably join in halfway the readalong, cause I can't get my copy earlier :(
Should I get the hardcover or the paperback btw? I like them both <3

Ayla wrote: "Yess, I love that so many people are willing to participate this time! This is going to be a great readalong :D"

Ilsen wrote: "That's good! I'm up to making some new friends to discuss books with :)"

Me too! There's gonna be some many different opinions this time, I'll bet haha
It'll be exciting :3

message 32: by Regsly (last edited Jul 02, 2017 01:38PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Ayla wrote: "So I'll probably join in halfway the readalong, cause I can't get my copy earlier :(
Should I get the hardcover or the paperback btw? I like them both <3"

Both covers are pretty, but if you order it from Amazon, for instance, both the paperback and the hardcover seem to be on sale. So I'd go for the hardcover. It's cheaper than on bookdepository too!

Regsly wrote: "Ayla wrote: "So I'll probably join in halfway the readalong, cause I can't get my copy earlier :(
Should I get the hardcover or the paperback btw? I like them both

Both covers are pretty, but if..."

Thanks for the tip, but I checked on amazon and the hardcover isn't on sale :(
I order from amazon.de though (although I live in the Netherlands), so I think it's only on sale on your amazon.
Usually hardcovers are pretty cheap on there (The Hate U Give harcover is currently €4 on there like whattt), but not this one unfortunately...

message 34: by Regsly (last edited Jul 02, 2017 02:18PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Oh shoot, sorry should've remembered that. I got the e-mail yesterday, that's why I bought the e-book...

I was checking the .com one, even though I got the e-book from the .es one, I didn't even realize ups (the euro and dollar are pretty close in value right now, soo I'm kinda used to translating one into the other :P)

The .nl one doesn't seem to have a lot of English titles we're bound to want. At least, there is one. There's no amazon.pt for us xD

At the .uk one the paperback is at 6,39 pounds, which is like €7,29 or so? Standard delivery 4pounds + 0.40pounds per kg... Prolly not worth it after all..

Laurel | 9 comments Are we not reading complete chapters at a time?

message 36: by Lena (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lena (lenaluna) | 7 comments I'm going to try to join in! last month went Badly for the Simon vs readalong because I had exams and less free time than I expected but hopefully this month will be good to me!!! I've been wanting to read this for years, I bought it a couple months ago and still haven't gotten to it so this is perfect

message 37: by Ilsen (new) - rated it 1 star

@Laurel It's by pages but I read it by chapters. Maybe she can put it by chapters because I also read by chapters as well

message 38: by Ilsen (new) - rated it 1 star

@Lena Awww that's too bad. I hope you still liked the book though!

Erica (xtisb) Laurel wrote: "Are we not reading complete chapters at a time?"

I don't run this (Ayla does, so if this isn't allowed, sorry) but I'm sure you could read full chapters (if you're anything like me, I'm not a huge fan of not finishing chapters)

but not discuss any of what you've read ahead to, since even though it's marked in spoilers, the others who aren't reading full chapters may still be spoiled for the things you've read.

Regsly wrote: "Oh shoot, sorry should've remembered that. I got the e-mail yesterday, that's why I bought the e-book...

I was checking the .com one, even though I got the e-book from the .es one, I didn't even r..."

The nl. one only has e-books unfortunately... And since I don't own a kindle and prefer physical copies anyways, I order via amazon.de (+ Standard free delivery!).
Thanks for your help though :D

Erica wrote: "Laurel wrote: "Are we not reading complete chapters at a time?"

I don't run this (Ayla does, so if this isn't allowed, sorry) but I'm sure you could read full chapters (if you're anything like me,..."

Ilsen wrote: "@Laurel It's by pages but I read it by chapters. Maybe she can put it by chapters because I also read by chapters as well"

Laurel wrote: "Are we not reading complete chapters at a time?"

Last readalong I changed it into chapters as well, but I don't own a copy yet, so I can't see how many chapters this one has...
If someone could tell me the amount of chapters, I can change the reading schedule into chapters instead! :)

Lena wrote: "I'm going to try to join in! last month went Badly for the Simon vs readalong because I had exams and less free time than I expected but hopefully this month will be good to me!!! I've been wanting..."

Hi Lena! Thanks for joining in :)
Can I put you on the list of participants?
How did your exams go by the way?

Ayla wrote: "Last readalong I changed it into chapters as well, but I don't own a copy yet, so I can't see how many chapters this one has...
If someone could tell me the amount of chapters, I can change the reading schedule into chapters instead! :)"

It's Prologue + 33 chapters

Ayla wrote: "The nl. one only has e-books unfortunately... And since I don't own a kindle and prefer physical copies anyways, I order via amazon.de (+ Standard free delivery!).
Thanks for your help though :D "

Sure! :) I used to only get physical copies, but then amazon does give you free e-books and so do some authors I'm subscribed to. So I started getting used to it.

message 45: by Ilsen (new) - rated it 1 star

I have the soft paperback so I don't know if it's different with the pages so I would like to hobby chapters please :)

Regsly wrote: "Ayla wrote: "Last readalong I changed it into chapters as well, but I don't own a copy yet, so I can't see how many chapters this one has...
If someone could tell me the amount of chapters, I can c..."

Ilsen wrote: "I have the soft paperback so I don't know if it's different with the pages so I would like to hobby chapters please :)"

Changed it to chapters! :)
I'll try to make a reading schedule in chapters for every month from now on.

Laurel | 9 comments Thank you!

message 48: by Ilsen (new) - rated it 1 star

Thank you Ayla! :)

Ilsen wrote: "Thank you Ayla! :)"

Laurel wrote: "Thank you!"

No problem! :)

You're the best (:

« previous 1 3 4 5 6
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.