Christian Fiction Bloggers discussion

Authors' Corner > Need help with...

Comments (showing 1-2 of 2) (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kendra (new)

Kendra (goodreadscomKmart) | 7 comments I've been writing for over a decade, but I had a brain injury- or TBI- when I was only 18, and that slowed me down quite a lot.

Now I have trouble writing and connecting events. I have wanted to be a writer/author since I was a teenager, so you might be able to understand how difficult it is for me to continue writing when so far I've had few successes. And nothing published.

I'd like to know if anyone in the Christian community (preferably, but I have some writer friends who are not believers) would talk with me and critique my writing and generally do what others do in other places.

You might find you enjoy it. And you may get a free book out of it. Will you help me out?

message 2: by Kendra (last edited Jul 01, 2017 09:22AM) (new)

Kendra (goodreadscomKmart) | 7 comments 2 PARAGRAPHS FROM A FIRST DRAFT.

Making her way slowly down the shadowed street of *town name*, Dinah Elizabeth Parker glanced around furtively, fearing she was being followed. It was so dark she couldn't see more than a couple of feet in front of her - she was having to go more slowly than she would have liked. If she fell who knows what would happen?

Watch your step, Girl, she reminded herself for the fifth time since coming outside. The mission where she volunteered was located in a rough part of town, but in spite of that she still traveled the dangerous path from her *rich area* home to [the ghetto].