Time Travel discussion

Time Travel Books > One steps backwards two step forward

Comments (showing 1-16 of 16) (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shari (new)

Shari Alvarez | 7 comments Are there any time travel books out there where someone goes back in time and then brings someone from that time to the present time? I would appreciate any suggestions, and thank you for all suggestions.

message 2: by Beth (new)

Beth Sponzilli | 13 comments A Knight in Shining Armour by Jude Devaraux

message 3: by Shari (new)

Shari Alvarez | 7 comments Thanks for the tip, I will try them.

message 4: by Michel (new)

Michel Poulin | 84 comments Sorry if this may appear to be self-promotion but, in a chapter of my Adventures Through Time, my heroine was exploring the life and death of Yeshua (Jesus Christ) and was forced by the circumstances to return to the future with Miriam of Magdala (Saint Mary-Magdalene). I love to write 'what if' situations involving time travel.

message 5: by Shari (new)

Shari Alvarez | 7 comments Michel wrote: "Sorry if this may appear to be self-promotion but, in a chapter of my Adventures Through Time, my heroine was exploring the life and death of Yeshua (Jesus Christ) and was forced by..."

Michel wrote: "Sorry if this may appear to be self-promotion but, in a chapter of my Adventures Through Time, my heroine was exploring the life and death of Yeshua (Jesus Christ) and was forced by..." That's ok because if I could time travel that's the first period I would visit. But that is exactly what I was looking for. 2 different perspectives, one going forward and one going back, and sharing it with each other. Thanks. I'll try it as long as it's at Amazon.

message 6: by Michel (new)

Michel Poulin | 84 comments Unfortunately, it is not, Shari. I self-publish my novels for free. However, you can download the PDF version for free right here, on Goodreads. If you need it in Kindle edition, then you would find that on Free-Ebooks.net, along with other formats.

message 7: by Shari (new)

Shari Alvarez | 7 comments :)

message 8: by Howard (new)

message 9: by Steven (new)

Steven (PoliticoProf) | 21 comments One very good time-travel novel that qualifies is Child of Time by Issac Asimov and Robert Silverberg, in which a Neanderthal child is brought into the future!

message 10: by Shari (new)

Shari Alvarez | 7 comments Howard wrote: "Piercing the Elastic Limit - an Epic Fable (2015 new edition) by Howard Loring Beyond The Elastic Limit An Epic Fable (2015 new edition) by Howard Loring"
Thank you for your suggestion. I have added it to my want to read list. :)

message 11: by Shari (new)

Shari Alvarez | 7 comments Steven wrote: "One very good time-travel novel that qualifies is Child of Time by Issac Asimov and Robert Silverberg, in which a Neanderthal child is brought into the future!"thank you very much, I will read it..

message 12: by Steven (new)

Steven (PoliticoProf) | 21 comments Shari wrote: "Steven wrote: "One very good time-travel novel that qualifies is Child of Time by Issac Asimov and Robert Silverberg, in which a Neanderthal child is brought into the future!"thank you very much, I..."

I think you will enjoy it! It's one of my favorite novels!

message 13: by Cindy (new)

Cindy Tomamichel | 6 comments Hi Shari,
Peggy Henderson writes a lot of time travel romance ones, you might like to check out her series.

My novel Druid's Portal does explore some of the themes you were interested in. It is on Amazon.

Druid's Portal: The First Journey

message 14: by Cindy (new)

Cindy Tomamichel | 6 comments Steven wrote: "Shari wrote: "Steven wrote: "One very good time-travel novel that qualifies is Child of Time by Issac Asimov and Robert Silverberg, in which a Neanderthal child is brought into the future!"thank yo..."

thanks Steven, I have added it to my list as well.

message 15: by Michel (new)

Michel Poulin | 84 comments I remember that novel by Asimov: a fine story that I read decades ago. I also recommend it.

message 16: by Shari (new)

Shari Alvarez | 7 comments Beth wrote: "A Knight in Shining Armour by Jude Devaraux"

Thank you Beth, this book had exactly what I was looking for.