The Watchmaker of Filigree Street Read-Along discussion

The Watchmaker of Filigree Street
This topic is about The Watchmaker of Filigree Street
First Week!

Comments (showing 1-6 of 6) (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Bloomsbury Publishing (Bloomsbury) | 7 comments Mod
Hi all,

As of Saturday, you should be done with Chapter 7 of Watchmaker! What do you think so far?

Here are some discussion prompts:

-If you could have a clockwork pet designed by Mori, what would you want?
-Thaniel has synesthesia, meaning he can see sounds as colors. Is that an ability you would like to have?
-Which narrator is your favorite so far: Thaniel, Grace, or Ito?
-And finally, raise your hand if you want a Katsu.

Nicole Jarvis | 7 comments I love Thaniel with all my heart, but the Ito sections are some of my favorite because I love seeing Japan and young Mori!

Also-- *raises hand super super high* I need to see how my cats would react to Katsu wandering my apartment.

message 3: by Shae (new) - added it

Shae McDaniel (ShaeLit) | 7 comments My answers, in order:

- Oh gosh. I would love an octopus like Katsu, just because I think the legs would be fascinating. But if we could defy gravity just a bit... a pegasus.

- I think so. I think the ability to link different senses would help mentally more than it would be a distraction.

- I enjoy them all, but I think I love Thaniel's voice the best. I love the descriptions and the dry British humor. Since this is my second readthrough, I also love catching important little clues that I missed the first time.

- ME ME ME ME YES

Jessica Hagen (abookishjess) | 8 comments If I could have a clockwork pet designed by Mori, I would definitely want a small dragon. I really think that would be the coolest thing ever. But if not a dragon, then a fox.

I think that colors with sounds would be really cool and interesting, and definitely fascinating to experience, but I'm not sure how I would feel if I had to deal with not only the annoying sound of some things and voices, but also having an unpleasant color attached to them as well.

Thaniel's voice is definitely my favorite. I do like Grace's and Ito's, but I adore Thaniel's sense of humor and view of the world and, of course, his interactions with Mori.

And I would do a lot in order to get a Katsu, he's adorable and I'd love a Katsu.

message 5: by Shae (new) - added it

Shae McDaniel (ShaeLit) | 7 comments Jessica wrote: "If I could have a clockwork pet designed by Mori, I would definitely want a small dragon. I really think that would be the coolest thing ever. But if not a dragon, then a fox."

How. HOW did I not think of a dragon? You'd get the flight factor of a pegasus and the sinuousness of Katsu's tentacles. Dagnabit.

Jessica Hagen (abookishjess) | 8 comments Shae wrote: "Jessica wrote: "If I could have a clockwork pet designed by Mori, I would definitely want a small dragon. I really think that would be the coolest thing ever. But if not a dragon, then a fox."

How..."

I almost didn't think of it as well until I just had a hand in the face moment of "Jessica. What creature have you wanted more than anything for a very large portion of your existence?"