What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Regency/Historical Romance: Heroine basically betrothed to old duke, falls in love with his nephew/heir. [s]

Comments (showing 1-3 of 3) (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Liz (new)

Liz | 2 comments Looking for a regency/historical romance that I believe was published fairly recently (definitely in the 2000s).

Heroine is the oldest of many siblings; she's from the country and I think her family recently fell on hard times. She's being sponsored by an aunt (or grand aunt or something like that) and her biggest marriage prospect is this old duke (or earl? A peer, basically). The old duke's son unexpectedly died, so his heir is his nephew, who the old duke hates. He's really set on finding a young wife who can give him children - the heroine has many siblings and is described as being curvy with child bearing hips, etc.

Heroine falls in love with the nephew. At the end, the old duke insults the heroine publicly and the nephew almost challenges him to a duel and then proposes. I remember a scene when both the old duke and his nephew were in the heroine's bedroom and she ended up hitting the old duke with something, he passes out and they both assume he's dead. He doesn't actually die though, and the heroine's aunt steps in to stop the old duke from saying anything.

In the epilogue, it's revealed the heroine has kids with the nephew and the old duke married someone but still doesn't have any kids.

Does this ring any bells?? Thanks in advance for your help!

message 2: by Annamariah (new)

Annamariah | 245 comments I'm almost certain the book you are looking for is Ten Things I Love About You by Julia Quinn.

message 3: by Liz (new)

Liz | 2 comments Annamariah wrote: "I'm almost certain the book you are looking for is Ten Things I Love About You by Julia Quinn."

Yes! Thank you so much!