What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Heart of Darkness (Bound by Magick, #1)
This topic is about Heart of Darkness
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. PNR/UF book about a witch who finds a partner - her mother is head a coven (?) that's also a big business. [s]

Comments (showing 1-11 of 11) (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Hayley (LuckyDucky917) | 67 comments I remember very little about this. I read it 2 or 3 years ago but I've no clue how old it was or what the cover looked like.

There's a witch who meets a guy - he might be some sort of magic user himself. It's not a fated mates kind of thing - he's not necessarily the only man for her in the world ever, but if they come together I think it makes them both more powerful?

From what I remember there lots of drawing of runes or sigils and such. There's also a scene where she's sitting on a couch and he's amused that she's wearing (possibly) Hello Kitty socks.

There also might be a bar/club that has a special section or supernaturals . . . .

This rather vague description ring any bells?

message 2: by Lobstergirl, sniffing Sharpies (new)

Lobstergirl | 20449 comments Mod
Is it aimed at adults?

Hayley (LuckyDucky917) | 67 comments Yeah - it's not YA or anything.

message 4: by Jenny (new)

Jenny | 43 comments A long shot but Dime Store Magic

Hayley (LuckyDucky917) | 67 comments No, but I love that book :-)

message 6: by Kris (last edited Jun 26, 2017 04:09PM) (new)

Kris | 13651 comments Mod
Vampire CEO by Erin R. Bedford? Series link - https://www.goodreads.com/series/1976...
Some Goodreads reviewers of this book released in three parts say -- heroine is kicked out of the coven which her mother heads; she gets a job at Midnight Pharmaceuticals; vampire boss & love interest...possible spoiler: (view spoiler).

Hayley, how do the heroine and hero meet? Is it love at first sight?

Location - England/U.S./country, region, big city/small town? Is there also a non-Earth world in the story?

Are there other fantastical creatures (e.g., vampires, werewolves, demons, elves)?

message 7: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Mullen | 84 comments The Morrigan's Cross by Nora Roberts
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

Hayley (LuckyDucky917) | 67 comments I really can't remember much. it's set in the US. It's contemporary rather than historical or Sci fi.

I can't remember if supernaturals are 'out' or secret or if there are beings other than witches but I feel like there are.
I remember the h's mother is like the CEO of a massive company that lots of witches work for. I can't remember if the company is magical or if it's something random. My brain is throwing up interior design. But I've not clue of that's correct.

I know it's vague! sorry.

Hayley (LuckyDucky917) | 67 comments Bump!

message 10: by Ayshe (new)

Hayley (LuckyDucky917) | 67 comments Ayshe wrote: "Heart of Darkness maybe?"

Yes! Thanks! Have been looking for this for months! :-)