Clamp discussion

Wish > Summary

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hylian Princess , Hylian-Chan (last edited Aug 26, 2009 07:39PM) (new)

Hylian Princess  (hylianprincess) | 400 comments Mod
Wish, Volume 1
The story centers around the lives of Kohaku, an angel, and Shuichiro Kudo, a mortal doctor. While walking home from work one day, Shuichiro notices Kohaku stuck on a tree while being attacked by a crow (who was actually sent by Koryuu the demon). He rescues Kohaku and, in return, she offers to grant him a wish. However, Shuichiro is satisfied with his life - he has a decent home, good looks, and a well-paying job as a doctor - so he does not request anything. However, Kohaku is honour-bound to grant the wish, so she stays with him. The theme of the manga, as stated several times by Kohaku, is that, "There are some wishes that can't be fulfilled by oneself."

message 2: by Hylian Princess , Hylian-Chan (new)

Sorry this summary is so short, and not very detailed. Everything else in the other summary I got this from gave too much away.

message 3: by Hylian Princess , Hylian-Chan (new)

Yes, this book isn't what you expect, especially from Clamp. But its still good. :)

Antique Gift Shop? I'll have to try it.

message 4: by Starbubbles, event coordinator type person (new)

Starbubbles | 649 comments Mod
that's right, manhwa. though i just lump them all into my manga section anyway. to me it's all the same, though i'm sure the artist would not agree. lol

message 5: by Starbubbles, event coordinator type person (new)

most definitely. some people will only read from japanese authors. it's a shame b/c you miss out on some really good stories by only sticking to some lame prejudice.

message 6: by Starbubbles, event coordinator type person (new)

maybe, but i don't think so. i think it goes back to authenticity. manga are japanese comics, so it would be inauthentic to read a manga that didn't originate from japan. though honestly, reading manga in english is also inauthentic, so there really isn't any winning.

message 7: by *Sklip* (new)

*Sklip*  (stalkerninja) | 113 comments i wanted to read this manga pretty bad, but ~sigh~ our library never gets the good books

i bet the big towns have them lol

message 8: by Starbubbles, event coordinator type person (new)

mine doesn't have wish either. i have to go to the bookstore and purchase it or at least read it in the store if i want to read it.

message 9: by *Sklip* (new)

*Sklip*  (stalkerninja) | 113 comments ~sigh~

sometimes i wish they wouldnt retire printing a particular book or series.....

message 10: by Starbubbles, event coordinator type person (new)

no kidding! but i understand, it's supply, demand, production availablity, and shelf space. when new series come out, an older series must stop being made.

message 11: by Hylian Princess , Hylian-Chan (new)

which is a lame policy

message 12: by Starbubbles, event coordinator type person (new)

i got the entire mermaid saga series from half price books, and that one has been out of print for at least a couple of years.

message 13: by *Sklip* (new)

*Sklip*  (stalkerninja) | 113 comments lol

message 14: by Arec (new)

Arec Rain I absolutely loved this series when I read it awhile ago. All I remember besides that was that it was super sad.

message 15: by Starbubbles, event coordinator type person (new)

yeah, i guess. it would have been tragic if ended up not liking "her."

message 16: by Hylian Princess , Hylian-Chan (new)

...mmm yes, the ending was kinda weird... If that happened for you, would you still love him?

message 17: by Hylian Princess , Hylian-Chan (new)

yeah, true. I guess I couldn't answer that question either, seeing as I've never been in love.

message 18: by Hylian Princess , Hylian-Chan (new)

heh, of course! You have to fill that void somehow!

message 19: by Gamedoll (new)

Gamedoll | 1 comments i finish this a long time ago. short but sweet. love it.

message 20: by Starbubbles, event coordinator type person (new)

it is a nice and short series. but i can't say that i would fall in love immedately like that again. it takes me a long time to let down my guard enough to like-like someone yet alone love them. i think it would be hard being with someone so much alike, but not be the same person. i don't think i could keep the two people straight.

message 21: by Starbubbles, event coordinator type person (new)

very true. most people would never place my boyfriend and i together. i guess we're that "opposites" category, but i think we're a strang mixture of the two.

message 22: by Starbubbles, event coordinator type person (new)

so true. if you're too one way or the other, you'll either argue all of the time or have nothing to talk about

message 23: by Starbubbles, event coordinator type person (new)

did you go to homecoming?

message 24: by Starbubbles, event coordinator type person (new)

the homecomings at my school were always in the cafeteria. i don't think it's so unusual. but i have to agree, you can't focus on not having a guy. that ruins it!

message 25: by Hylian Princess , Hylian-Chan (new)

Ya! None of my friends will go to dances because they "can't find dates" Well, if you got a whole group of dateless people together and all went, you could still have a blast!

message 26: by Hylian Princess , Hylian-Chan (new)

oooh... haha