YA LGBT Books discussion

Tales told - a.k.a free reads > June 2017 Writing Prompt--Face to face- Stories Wanted!

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sammy Goode (new)

Sammy Goode | 5380 comments  photo 22903476_zps4inl7ggx.jpg

What is their story? First Love? Coming out? First Kiss? You decide and then share your story with us. Poems, snippets, short stories--anything you come up with we'd love to read but as always please keep it YA in theme and content! Happy writing!

message 2: by Sammy Goode (new)

Sammy Goode | 5380 comments reserved

message 3: by Eric (new)

Eric Westfall (eawestfall) | 197 comments Anyone interested in jump-starting?

You see, I feel so guilty right now.

This is the pic I submitted to the poll, and when I did it was because I thought it was interesting, even though I didn't have the foggiest idea for a story to go with it. And while I've looked at it a couple of times the past couple of weeks in the midst of RL and working on editing the YA collection, still...zip, zero, nada, zilch.

So if anyone has any thoughts about the pic...who they are, what their background is, etc., etc., please PM me, or post something here. Maybe that will get my brain jump-started and I can get a story done.

Thanks.

Eric

message 4: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16516 comments I'll be doing this one, but not till after Pride this weekend <3 It's a great picture.

message 5: by K. (new)

K. (keiiksm) I like this picture! I'm writing something but haven't finished yet.

message 6: by Sammy Goode (new)

Sammy Goode | 5380 comments Look Deep into My Eyes

He shoved me back and I dropped naturally into his arms.

"Look deep into my eyes."

I laughed and tried to push him away. He was such a goof. My goof, my gorgeous, crazy, goof.

He grabbed me again, wrapping me up in one arm and placing his hand on my shoulder as he pushed his face into mine. I could feel his warm breath ghosting over my cheeks as he whispered in that damn sexy voice of his...

"deeper...deeper...look deeper."

I tried to capture his lips in mine but he pulled back just as I lunged forward...such a tease.

"deeper...deeper...you are getting sleepy...soon everything you do will be at my command."

He was such a dork but damn if I wasn't mesmerized all the same. God, I loved him.

Wait.

What?

WHAT THE F.....!

I love him?

No...can't be...I can't possibly be in...holy shit...I...oh god...

I do...

I love...

Christ

I love him...

"Hey, what's wrong, Joey? I was just fooling around--are you okay? You look like you just saw a ghost or something. You okay? Hey talk to me."

I grabbed him, pulled him tight against me, touching my forehead to his.

"Mike, look deep into my eyes."

Was I going to actually do this? Admit this? Go there and risk everything?

"Deeper, Mike,"

He started to huff out a laugh and then saw the look in my eyes and the chuckle died as quickly as it started. His expression slowly morphed, taking on a startled seriousness that looked almost out of place on his usually goofy face--a face I had grown to love so much.

"Joey?"

"Joe?"

I let my lips finally brush against his and felt his arms wrap more tightly around me. He was my magic. He was...my home.

I pulled back ever so slighly and whispered:

"I love you Michael."

I could feel him tremble as the words left my mouth. This was the moment..it would either break my heart or send it heaven bound. Either way I held my breath and searched his face...waiting.

"I love you too, Joey, my god, I do."

I kissed him then...

I kissed that goofy boy...

That silly, gorgeous, wonderful boy that I...loved.

####

message 7: by Sammy Goode (new)

Sammy Goode | 5380 comments Gang, keep posting away here but I will be setting up the picture prompt for July/August in a few.

message 8: by Sammy Goode (new)

Sammy Goode | 5380 comments As promised--here is the picture nomination thread for July/August to post your pics for consideration. It will be open till the end of the month when all the nominations will go into a poll for voting. I'd like to do two picture prompts for the summer writing so please feel free to post up to THREE pics this time around.

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 9: by Eric (new)

Eric Westfall (eawestfall) | 197 comments Sammy Goode wrote: "Look Deep into My Eyes

I laughed and tried to push him away. He was such a goof. My goof, my gorgeous, crazy, g..."

What a beautiful story, Sammy. Thanks for sharing...I'm so glad someone has some ideas!

message 10: by Sammy Goode (new)

Sammy Goode | 5380 comments Thank you, Eric! The picture is great!

message 11: by K. (new)

K. (keiiksm) whaticereads wrote: "I like this picture! I'm writing something but haven't finished yet."

I'm sorry for finishing this so late. Please feel free to correct me if you spot any mistake. <3

- - -

burned and drowned

i.

wings spread, together we took flight

we were so young, so naive
we believed we could define
how 'us' was different from 'you and i'

your mouth
so delicate from sweet words you gave
it let secrets escaped when truth tasted too raw;
you are my many things
you are my number one

my eyes
once steel-hard, with wall built up high for years
now too molten to deny confession
sentence by sentence that spilled into your ears;
you are my everything
you are my only one

the differences laid there
in breaths
in syllables
in morning light

nearby our hearts laid bare
we soared
we loved
we entwined

we were neither young, nor naive
just pretending to be blind

ii.

we flew too high, wings scorched to ashes

from days to weeks to months
from 3am texting to scrolling pass facebook status
from the planet to comet tail to mere galaxy dust

your many things from me
faded into memory
while
my everything from you
permanently scarred

so i wrote my own definition;

'you and i' was million miles away from 'us'

like flashy neon signs and a moonlit night sky
like a thousand sweet smiles
and the warmth exchanged through simple touches

like wondering if you had your own version of our history
and knowing we shared each other's past

like how we both were foolish icarus
just that you were my sun
but i was nothing more than your wings
— a desperate trying
to get hold of love

- - -

message 12: by Sammy Goode (new)

Sammy Goode | 5380 comments whaticereads, that was just lovely. Thank you for sharing it with us.

message 13: by Eric (new)

Eric Westfall (eawestfall) | 197 comments Indeed, whaticereads, a beautiful poem. Thanks for the opportunity to read it.

And I apologize, but I think there's a typo:

Up at the top: Your mouth...it let secrets escaped when truth tasted too raw;

Grammatically it should be "escape"...the equivalent of saying "your mouth let secrets escape."

Just my weird mind.

Eric-whose-weirdness-still-appreciates-beautiful-poems

message 14: by Kaje (last edited Jun 26, 2017 10:23AM) (new)

Kaje Harper | 16516 comments whaticereads wrote: "whaticereads wrote: "I like this picture! I'm writing something but haven't finished yet."

I'm sorry for finishing this so late. Please feel free to correct me if you spot any mistake. <3

- - -

..."

Wow that is lovely (and you're not late, it's even still on time, which mine won't be). What gorgeous use of images, summed up with

"'you and i' was million miles away from 'us'

like how we both were foolish icarus
just that you were my sun
but i was nothing more than your wings"

Thanks so much for writing for us.

message 15: by K. (new)

K. (keiiksm) Eric wrote: "Indeed, whaticereads, a beautiful poem. Thanks for the opportunity to read it.

And I apologize, but I think there's a typo:

Up at the top: Your mouth...it let secrets escaped when truth tasted to..."

Kaje wrote: "whaticereads wrote: "whaticereads wrote: "I like this picture! I'm writing something but haven't finished yet."

I'm sorry for finishing this so late. Please feel free to correct me if you spot any..."

Sammy Goode wrote: "whaticereads, that was just lovely. Thank you for sharing it with us."

Thank you so much for reading it. I'm so glad I decided to share this one with you guys. At first I'd considered against posting it since I felt quite unsatisfying with my work lately.

And Eric, thank you for correcting me! That's very kind of you. I'll improve my Grammar and proofread my work more thoroughly next time. <3

message 16: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16516 comments Sammy Goode wrote: "Look Deep into My Eyes

I laughed and tried to push him away. He was such a goof. My goof, my gorgeous, crazy, g..."

I missed this - lovely story, - I remember this feeling "He was such a dork but damn if I wasn't mesmerized all the same. God, I loved him."

and so nice to have you write for us <3 <3

message 17: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 2 comments I loved both of the stories that were posted! Both conveyed so many great emotions, and people were looking at me like I was crazy when I was reading them. As an actress, I can say that I feel emotions stronger than some other people, so please don't be alarmed by my emotional state. :)

Sammy, your story was beautifully written, and the feeling of rightness—belonging—was there throughout. I loved how the character took the risk of putting his feelings out there, and the happy ending made me feel slightly giddy. You could feel the chemistry between the two characters, and your word choice really added to that! The line "He was my magic. He was... my home" was so powerful!

Whaticereads, your poem was worded so craftily and was also a pleasure to read. I teared up by the end of your poem! Forgive me if I interpreted it very differently than your intentions, but the heartbreak of an ending relationship like that was perfectly conveyed! I especially liked these two passages: "your many things from me; faded into memory; while; my everything from you; permanently scarred" and "just that you were my sun; but I was nothing more than your wings". These so accurately expressed feelings of unrequited love.

Okay, sorry for my slight rant, but I really enjoyed your stories. Please keep writing!

message 18: by Sammy Goode (new)

Sammy Goode | 5380 comments Ashley wrote: "I loved both of the stories that were posted! Both conveyed so many great emotions, and people were looking at me like I was crazy when I was reading them. As an actress, I can say that I feel emot..."

Thank you, Ashley!

message 19: by Riina (new)

Riina Y.T. (ibxxxriina) | 469 comments Oh, Sammy, that was adorable! :)

whaticereads - so creative! :)

message 20: by Riina (new)

Riina Y.T. (ibxxxriina) | 469 comments haiku.

tacos for breakfast
skatepark and the ocean at noon
till the end of time

message 21: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16516 comments Aw Riina, perfect image.

message 22: by Eric (new)

Eric Westfall (eawestfall) | 197 comments Yeah, Riina...what Kaje said.

*s*

Eric-the-ever-following

message 23: by Riina (new)

Riina Y.T. (ibxxxriina) | 469 comments Those boys are just too cute :) x

message 24: by Kaje (last edited Sep 14, 2017 03:32PM) (new)

Kaje Harper | 16516 comments You
And I
Are so different
You're strong and sure
I'm shy, quiet and nerdy
You go for what you want
But you know what? So have I
Your childhood was sports, mud, and don't-be-a-wuss
Mine was skirts, cooking, and not-so-loud
But we found ourselves anyway
Now both our futures
Are balanced on
The same
Kiss

message 25: by Eric (new)

Eric Westfall (eawestfall) | 197 comments Marvelous, Kaje!

Thanks.

message 26: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16516 comments :) I do love playing around with words.

message 27: by Riina (new)

Riina Y.T. (ibxxxriina) | 469 comments Aw, that was lovely!

message 28: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16516 comments Thanks Riina <3