Sharks of Awesome discussion

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by T (new)

T | 41 comments Ahem...I'm hoping Penny will decide to release a cookbook of the foods/recipes mentioned in the books once the KITC and WB series are done.

I started making a list (hey you never can be too prepared;) Reiders can you help me fill it in?

1. Bethany's Lemon Meringue Pie
2. Jennifer's Banana Cake
3. Jennifer's Banana Puffs
4. Jennifer's Compassion Cake
5. Drew's Pecan Pie
6. Cletus' Grilled Sausage
7. Sienna's Breasts
8. Jessica's Meatloaf
9. Jennifer's Vanilla Cookies
10. Manganiello Family Ravioli
11. Nico's Apple Fritters
12. Drew's Fried Chicken and Potatoes
13. Grandmother Oliver's Biscuits
14. Daisy's Donuts
15. Sausage Pie
16. Duane's Blueberry Hotcakes
17. Sandra's lamb with fig glaze
18. Jennifers Blueberry Pancake Muffins

Penny, please, please, please with Pecan Pie on top can you make this a reality????....if Penny says no then maybe we Reiders can swap homemade WB/KITC inspired recipes.

message 2: by Kari (new)

Kari (booksfortheliving) | 20 comments I've been having a crappy day, and now I really want fried chicken and pecan pie....

message 3: by T (new)

T | 41 comments I'm sorry to hear that Kari. If I were near you I'd give you a hug and make you fried chicken...we're both out of luck with the pecan pie though.

message 4: by TabReads (new)

TabReads | 9 comments Oh yes! There are plans in the works. @brooknowhiskey & @Shannon Gorilla McGee Winston (dammit, GoodReads, why can't you tag) have a list going in the fb Sharks group, I think.

message 5: by TabReads (new)

TabReads | 9 comments Also Drew's Peasant (pheasant) soup. And all of Marie's creations:
- Curry & Jasmine rice
- Macaroons
- Crab Bisque
- Coconut Shrimp

Oh, and Butter Chicken from Taj's (Love Hacked)

message 6: by T (new)

T | 41 comments Yessssss! I'm not on FB but please send my thanks. Also.agree.about.tagging.folks.

message 7: by TabReads (new)

TabReads | 9 comments There is a debate about whether to do just a Knitting in the City Recipe book after Kat's book is out or if it should wait until the Winston Bros series is complete. And make it a combine book.

Maybe it there can be one after each series wraps up. We'll need some cookies, pie, and cake to cry into.

Also, we need the perfect Lemoncello Lemon Drops to be included, too.

message 8: by T (new)

T | 41 comments I think I'd rather have a combined cookbook, but I'll happily take what I can get.

We might have to wait a LOT longer for a combined cookbook since Penny's been veerrrrrrrrrrrrrrry sneaky about the wrap up of the WB series.

message 9: by TabReads (new)

TabReads | 9 comments True! Though I think any Green Valley stories could be separate series. I like the list thus far.

message 10: by Em__Jay (new)

Em__Jay TabReads wrote: "Also Drew's Peasant (pheasant) soup. And all of Marie's creations:
- Curry & Jasmine rice
- Macaroons
- Crab Bisque
- Coconut Shrimp

Oh, and Butter Chicken from Taj's (Love Hacked)"

Marie also bakes bread for Matt.

And Marie's Mum makes her favourite foods for her. I know crepes Suzette was one dish but I can't recall if the others were mentioned.

message 11: by T (new)

T | 41 comments Forgot Fiona's Coconut Cake!

message 12: by Carrie (new)

Carrie | 1 comments Fiona's Coconut Cake that Matt eats... :)

message 13: by T (new)

T | 41 comments TabReads - off topic but yes the Green Valley books are their own thing.....It's the 8th WB book that has me curious.

message 14: by TabReads (new)

TabReads | 9 comments 8th? Now I'm confused, too.

message 15: by TabReads (new)

TabReads | 9 comments Em_Jay: Mushroom Risotto was one.

message 16: by T (new)

T | 41 comments @Tabreads Penny answered this question the other day.

Will there be any more Winston Brothers Books? I'm absolutely in-love with those bearded men!!!!!

Penny Reid Yes!
I'm writing 'Beard in Mind' right now (book #4 in the Winston Brothers series) and it's set to release August 1, 2017.

After 'Beard in Mind,' there are 3 more books planned in the series as well as a spin-off series (5 books) about Green Valley side-characters.

message 17: by T (new)

T | 41 comments I want some Mushroom Risotto with Coconut Shrimp and Pecan Pie for dessert...