Library Lovers discussion

Archived > The Unacknowledged Perks Of Library Books

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Fishface (new)

Fishface | 475 comments If the contents repel you beyond belief, well, you have to give 'em back anyway! I was never so happy as the day I returned Final Truth: The Autobiography of Mass Murderer/Serial Killer Donald "Pee Wee" Gaskins. Thinking about it still makes me feel a little sick. And less than 15 pages into Badd Newz: The Untold Story Of The Michael Vick Dog Fighting Case, I know this is going to be a similar experience. But this one is a library book too. So in a few days it's bye-bye...And never darken my doorway again!

message 2: by Lady ♥ Belleza, Gif Princesa (new)

Lady ♥ Belleza (bella_foxx) | 188 comments Mod
If I can't finish the book, no guilt! I didn't pay any money for it. And if I get a fine, it's usually much less than the cost of the book.

message 3: by Charlene (new)

Charlene (librarymomforall) | 149 comments I have a lot of books on my TBR pile and have been looking at it and eliminating some because for whatever reason I put them there they no longer call to me. Same with reading books that I find uninteresting or just can't finish. No problem to me. And I too take a lot of books out of the Library and that's the best.

message 4: by Julie (new)

Julie (julielill) | 733 comments 99% of the books I read are from the library!

message 5: by Fishface (new)

Fishface | 475 comments Julie wrote: "99% of the books I read are from the library!"

And a sound decision that is, too. Except for my co-worker who loves library books, but can't keep track of them and keeps losing her borrowing privileges because she never returns them. She's lost privileges at something like 4 different libraries, plus the Michigan E-Library catalogue network.

message 6: by Julie (new)

Julie (julielill) | 733 comments Fishface wrote: "Julie wrote: "99% of the books I read are from the library!"

And a sound decision that is, too. Except for my co-worker who loves library books, but can't keep track of them and keeps losing her b..."

Well, it does happen a lot at the library where I work but for the most part our patrons are pretty good.

message 7: by Fishface (new)

Fishface | 475 comments If some jerk has underlined in it or made marginal notes, hey, you can erase them with a clear conscience.

message 8: by Fishface (new)

Fishface | 475 comments There's always the "test-driving feature." You can test-drive a book by reading it through the library, and if you love it to distraction and need your own copy, hey, you already know it handles well on the road. If it's a dud, you never have buyer's remorse.

message 9: by Lady ♥ Belleza, Gif Princesa (new)

Lady ♥ Belleza (bella_foxx) | 188 comments Mod
Fishface wrote: "There's always the "test-driving feature." You can test-drive a book by reading it through the library, and if you love it to distraction and need your own copy, hey, you already know it handles we..."

My mother does this all the time.