Girls Only Book Club discussion

Books > Hi--Would anyone want to Beta Read?

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bailey (last edited Jun 07, 2017 08:48AM) (new)

Bailey | 37 comments I would love to read it! Sounds really fun.

message 2: by E.J. (new)

E.J. (ejmccay) | 4 comments If you want, you can message me your email address and I'll send it. What file type would you like?

message 3: by Bailey (new)

Bailey | 37 comments okay; chickenbutter1611@gmail.com
Umm...whatever is easiest. thanks!

message 4: by E.J. (new)

E.J. (ejmccay) | 4 comments Hi Bailey,

I'm not ignoring you. I've had an agent request the full manuscript so I'm waiting to hear back from them first. :)

message 5: by Bailey (new)

Bailey | 37 comments E.J. wrote: "Hi Bailey,

I'm not ignoring you. I've had an agent request the full manuscript so I'm waiting to hear back from them first. :)"

Haha, no its fine! lol

message 6: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) Wow! Your book looks great! I hope to read it some day. Unfortunately, I can't right now. Wish I could.
Good luck!

message 7: by E.J. (new)

E.J. (ejmccay) | 4 comments Haley wrote: "Wow! Your book looks great! I hope to read it some day. Unfortunately, I can't right now. Wish I could.
Good luck!"

Thanks. :) It's okay. It's going through another round of edits at the moment.

message 8: by Haley (new)

Haley S (haleyjs) Nice!

message 9: by E.J. (new)

E.J. (ejmccay) | 4 comments Hi everyone,

I deleted the beginning topic because the book that I wanted beta read has gone through quite a few changes. It is still squeaky clean, but if your parents need to read it first, please let them.

I wondering if any of you would want to beta read a new YA adventure that I've written. It's titled Church Morgan vs. The Academy. It is clean; however, just so there are no surprises, the word "sucks" is in it. If my search was correct, there is only three instances of that word.

I'd like a two-four week turn around. As beta reader, I'd be looking for feedback on characters, pacing, and plot. In other words, the overall feel of the story. Parts you hate. Parts you love. That sort of thing. This is the first book in a four book series. :)

I have copies available in mobi, epub, and pdf.

If interested, let me know. :) Thanks in advance.

The blurb:

Fifteen-year-old Church Morgan is a spy—only he doesn’t know it. His parents have been training him to be a CIA agent since he could walk so he could infiltrate a terrorist organization. After his parents are murdered, Church is dumped into the one world he wasn’t prepared for—high school. Terrorists he can handle, socializing…uh, not so much.

An elite boarding school would be hard enough for a homeschooled kid, but now General Weathersby—a frenemy from his parent’s past—recruits Church to chase down a terrorist set to detonate a vicious chemical weapon somewhere in the United States. But the more he discovers about the terrorist, and the actual target, the more he realizes his whole existence is a lie.

If dealing with high school wasn’t hard enough, add being a pawn in a plot to dismantle the CIA and the threat to thousands of innocent lives. With a terrorist on the left and a rogue agent on the right, Church will need all his skills to navigate his way through the middle and make it out alive.