What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Heroine is transported to a different dimension/world. [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sophia (new)

Sophia | 20 comments I am looking for a book where the heroine is transported to another dimension where there are vampires. She is kind of rescued by a couple vampires. In this world a lot of the vampires aren't very good...I think. The vampires who saved her thought she would die soon because the place they are is harsh and humans don't last too long. The heroine does survive and she survives for years? I think...I know she trained and became a very good killer of vampires. One of the vampires who rescued her before was the Hero. Somehow they meet again and I think he is surprised she was still alive. Somewhere in the book I think a few of them are transported to yet another dimension that has werewolves. This dimension has another woman who had the same thing happen to her but she fell in love with a werewolf. This is all I remember. I don't really remember when I read it I know it was within the last 5 years.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33335 comments Mod
A long shot - Dying Bites by D.D. Barant?

Sophia, how is she transported to these other dimensions/worlds - does someone call her, does she accidentally touch or pass through a mystical object, etc.?

Can you tell us more about the heroine and hero - their jobs, interests/skills/powers, family/friends, etc.?

message 3: by Sophia (new)

Sophia | 20 comments Thank you...but I don't think that is it. I keep trying to search for it using key words, but there are a lot of books that are about vampires and werewolves. It will probably be the transporting and different(I don't know if they are different worlds or just a different dimension of this world.)
I don't remember much about how they are transported. I feel like I remember something about wormholes that just kind of open up...but I am not positive. I remember that the heroine, after she was left by the vampires, became a kind of leader in vampire hunting. I think this is a series so I may mush the books together. I remember the vampire hero, after they are transported to a different place, he doesn't really like anyone but the heroine. Also the werewolves bring them to their leader because the heroine had a similar smell to their leaders mate(who is from the same dimension as the heroine) the werewolves don't really like the vampire. I am not sure but I think in this dimension there are no vampires, so they don't know what the hero is..just that his smell is off.

message 4: by Sophia (new)

Sophia | 20 comments The other dimensions or whatever are in a less advanced setting. I think it is a bit like medieval times. Like horses and wagons, swords maybe... tents and what not. I don't think they ever end up back where they came from. I think I remember them liking the place they end up. I am not sure but there may have been less danger so the hero was happy.

message 6: by Sophia (new)

Sophia | 20 comments I have been looking for this book for weeks, and I finally found it!! It is The Vampire's Kiss. Thank you for your help!

message 7: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33335 comments Mod
Great! Glad you found your book, Sophia.