Romance Writers & Readers discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived > New no links policy

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mary Ellen (last edited Jun 06, 2017 06:37PM) (new)

Mary Ellen Woods (maryellen_woods) | 163 comments I'm not sure if this is the right place for this but.... Could one of the mods explain the reason for the ban? Were we having issues with this?

I understand discouraging spam, book whacking and so on but when a link is appropriate to the discussion why would it be banned?

message 2: by Ember-Raine, The Lady (new)

Ember-Raine Winters (ember-raine_winters) | 688 comments Mod
We haven't had a problem yet but we just decided that it would be better for everyone if we said no links!

message 3: by Annie, The Mistress (new)

Annie Arcane (anniearcane) | 2365 comments Mod
What Lady E said ^_~

Spam will become (more of) an issue as the group grows. I've already had tricksy people contact the "umbrella" account. And yes, we also have a problem with bookwhacking/author site-whacking/etc. sooo instead of having to always be a dick and ask, "Please, would you mind deleting that," we're just making it easy peasy.

No confusion FTW haha!

message 4: by Annie, The Mistress (new)

Wow. I'm crap at explaining shizz LOL

What I meant was that while links *might* be appropriate, mods can't always check them immediately (and I don't want us to have to anyway) so yeah, no links. Hope that makes some sense. Yo, Lady E...

How's my English tonight? XP

message 5: by Jane (new)

Jane Blythe If you have a resource or article or something you think would be helpful for people then you can still tell us about it and where you found it so other people can go and look it up

message 6: by Ember-Raine, The Lady (new)

You're English is perfect Mistress! I understood it perfectly!! (I am fluent in gibberish tho so maybe we should ask Princess Jane! Lol!)

message 7: by Annie, The Mistress (new)

C'mon, now, Miss Mary...

We both know my BS ain't quite that advanced, still being in middle school and all ^_^

message 8: by Annie, The Mistress (new)

Annnd I'm having one of those days when everything's funny. Lady E, make the laughing stop. It hurts XP

message 9: by Ember-Raine, The Lady (new)

This is bordering on negative Miss Mary! I'm thinking we need to close this thread.

message 10: by Mary Ellen (last edited Jun 07, 2017 01:51PM) (new)

Mary Ellen Woods (maryellen_woods) | 163 comments Sorry...I was kidding, honestly! I deleted what might be considered negative. Close it.

message 11: by Ember-Raine, The Lady (new)

It's okay Miss Mary but I am going to archive it now that the question has been answered!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.