A Good Thriller discussion

PIFM - Archive > Cinder Buddy Read

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Perri (new)

Perri Wild guess, it's a take-off of Cinderella ;)

message 2: by Amy (new)

Amy (thenikitagirl) | 653 comments Made it home and it's packing weekend. But I'm going to start this now.

How is it so far, Perri?

message 3: by Perri (new)

Perri I like it! I like the references to the fairy tale, but also the new story.
like the humor and especially the android side kick

message 4: by Dana (new)

Dana (dkmckelvey) | 534 comments I am only about 50 pages so far, and it is a little cheesy! But I know it will get better because so many people are obsessed with it.

I think I am a little over the re-make of Cinderella too, there's been so many movies over the years...

message 5: by Perri (new)

Perri I'm a little confused about the Lunar people-maybe I missed something. These are people who emigrated to the moon and then evolved into something else?

message 6: by Dana (new)

Dana (dkmckelvey) | 534 comments That's what I am getting so far... started their own society?

message 7: by Perri (new)

Perri About half way through. Ha, Queen Camilla of the United Kingdom. If Charles made her queen when Elizabeth passes and then he died, would she be the ruler or would it go to William?

message 8: by Janet , Moderator (new)

Janet  | 5683 comments Mod
Perri wrote: "About half way through. Ha, Queen Camilla of the United Kingdom. If Charles made her queen when Elizabeth passes and then he died, would she be the ruler or would it go to William?"

Is that part of the book??!! Or have I missed something?!! The reality is If the throne went to Charles who is next in line to the throne then Camilla automatically becomes Queen, though not in the sense that our current Queen is. Her husband isn't referred to as a King. He's Prince Phillip, Duke of Edinburgh. Prince William is in line to the throne after his father, Prince Charles. The throne would not go to Camilla.

message 9: by Perri (new)

Perri Yeah it's in the meeting of all the heads of Earth. I don't suppose it has to be THE Camilla but it's funny. So, say, in a terrible accident William and his family and Harry were all gone. Still not Camilla?

message 10: by Dana (new)

Dana (dkmckelvey) | 534 comments Wouldn't she then turn into Queen Mother and still live at the palace? But she is not in line to the throne... I watched the Crown so this is pretty much what I took away from that lol

message 11: by Janet , Moderator (new)

Janet  | 5683 comments Mod
Only the head of state lives at the Palace. And I hardly call it living. It's a place of work. Formal residence. The Queen spends her time in different places. Windsor Castle and Balmoral, up in Scotland. Charles is in line, then William and then William's children George and Charlotte. Harry has been pushed further back down the lineage. It was also passed that had George been a girl, she would have been next in line. Not the next male heir and always previously. Just so happens George was born first.

message 12: by Perri (new)

Perri How nerdy am I that I'm really looking forward to the ball!?!

message 13: by Perri (new)

Perri I really hope this happens (view spoiler)

message 14: by Perri (new)

Perri Well it didn't happen exactly as I had hoped, and the ending was a bit of a let down, but this was just what I like in a summer read. Thanks to those who made the recommendation!

message 15: by Dana (new)

Dana (dkmckelvey) | 534 comments Haha I figured that would happen Perri! Do they set it up so you have to read the second book?

I am about 80 pages away from finishing. Not the best book but it is quick to read, which is perfect for a summer read I agree

message 16: by Dana (new)

Dana (dkmckelvey) | 534 comments Finished! Good summer/easy read... might get into the next book at some point