What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Non-Fiction > SOLVED. Old piano workshop. [s]

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Janet (new)

Janet | 12 comments I just have a vague idea in the back of my mind about a story where a boy, or young man makes (platonic) friends with an older man who mends pianos in a workspace behind his shop. I don't remember anything else about it

message 2: by Deanne (new)

Deanne Devine | 168 comments Do you remember in what country the story took place?

message 3: by Janet (new)

Janet | 12 comments Deanne I think it was England but can't be sure x

message 4: by Janet (new)

Janet | 12 comments Deanne wrote: "Do you remember in what country the story took place?"

I think it was England but can't be sure x

message 6: by Janet (last edited Jun 06, 2017 09:32AM) (new)

Janet | 12 comments Deanne wrote: "Is there any chance it could be this: The Piano Shop on the Left Bank: Discovering a Forgotten Passion in a Paris Atelier"

You know, I think it might be! Hadn't occurred to me that it might be non fiction. I shall get it anyway, sounds really interesting. I just had this picture in my head with nothing else to go on. I love books about Paris so that's probably why I read it in the first place. Thank you x

message 7: by Deanne (new)

Deanne Devine | 168 comments I'm glad either way, but do let us know if that is the book!

message 8: by Janet (new)

Janet | 12 comments Will do, I got it on Amazon

message 9: by Arielle (last edited Jun 11, 2017 05:37PM) (new)

Arielle Masters | 252 comments If that wasn't the book, was it definitely piano repair and not general furniture repair? Because we read The Goldfinch for a book club and it had a boy who ended up hanging out with a man who repaired/restored/antiqued furniture and was helping him. That portion is in NYC.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

message 10: by Janet (new)

Janet | 12 comments Arielle wrote: "If that wasn't the book, was it definitely piano repair and not general furniture repair? Because we read The Goldfinch for a book club and it had a boy who ended up hanging out with a man who repa..."

It was definitely pianos, but thanks

message 11: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35148 comments Mod
Janet, I notice this request is marked Solved. Is The Piano Shop on the Left Bank: Discovering a Forgotten Passion in a Paris Atelier your book?

message 12: by Janet (new)

Janet | 12 comments Kris wrote: "Janet, I notice this request is marked Solved. Is The Piano Shop on the Left Bank: Discovering a Forgotten Passion in a Paris Atelier your book?"

Yes, I'm pretty sure Deanne was right

message 13: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35148 comments Mod
Great! Thanks for the confirmation.