Ultimate Popsugar Reading Challenge discussion

General > Multiple Editions...Help!

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elyse (last edited Jun 06, 2017 05:33AM) (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) I've been trying to figure this out and when GR added the multiple times read option I thought it would be easier. I like to place each book with the edition it is, (kindle, hardcover, audible, etc) and when I have multiple editions or have read multiple editions, I do not know how that works! I know that when I have a Kindle edition as read, and I scan the physical book's ISBN, I can do it that way (on the app). But what's an easier way?! I have a Kindle edition and an Audible edition of Handmaid's Tale, Kindle I've read, Audible I want to listen to. How do I ADD the new edition, instead of "switch to this edition." Also I have a paperback edition of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and an audio edition but when I try to switch one of them to audio, it switches the other one. Help! It's just the perfectionist in me..! lol

message 2: by Malaraa (last edited Jun 05, 2017 11:36PM) (new)

Malaraa If you're on a full website it's easy, not sure about the phone app, I don't use it if I don't have to, it's pretty horrible and clunky.

For web: Go to the page for your book, and click "all editions" under the small cover pictures in the publishing details. Then, instead of clicking the "switch to" button on that page, click the title for the edition you're looking for. Now you can mark that edition as read, current, ect, from that page, and it won't change the edition you already had marked. :)

*edit* changed "computer" to "website" because you can also get the website version on some e-readers and tablets. :)

message 3: by Elyse (last edited Jun 06, 2017 05:33AM) (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) Sanasai wrote: "If you're on a full website it's easy, not sure about the phone app, I don't use it if I don't have to, it's pretty horrible and clunky.

For web: Go to the page for your book, and click "all edit..."

THANK YOU!! Turns out I had marked as 'Read' and rated Handmaid's Tale and Hitchhiker's Guide on both editions. So that was what complicated things!