Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Age of Myth (The Legends of the First Empire, #1)
This topic is about Age of Myth
Archive [Retired Buddy Reads] > Age of Myth [June 2017]

Comments Showing 1-50 of 91 (91 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 5 stars

Scott  Hitchcock (lostinthewarrenofchaos) | 8082 comments Mod
June 12th.

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 1578 comments Thank you!

Ahdam (snowlocke) | 2423 comments Thanks Scott can't wait to return to the world of Elan

message 4: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 5 stars

C.P. wrote: "Thank you!"

You're welcome.

message 5: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ahdam wrote: "Thanks Scott can't wait to return to the world of Elan"

It's a great book. A lot of world building in the start and a slow burn but a great ending. I'm looking forward to AOS a lot.

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) | 1100 comments I'm in.

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 1578 comments I think I'm about to order a copy of this. They don't have a copy I can get in my library without renting unless I do audio. And fantasy+audio+me = bad. So buying a copy it is.

Chris  (haughtc) | 1751 comments It's a great book to own. Beautiful cover too.

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 1578 comments I'm just trying not to buy too many books. But I've ordered it now. :) It is a really nice cover.

message 10: by Seán (new) - added it

Seán | 602 comments I'll hop in on this if I think I can get it read in a few days - it's turning into a pretty packed month!

message 11: by C.P. (new) - rated it 5 stars

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 1578 comments Hope you can Seán!

Ahdam (snowlocke) | 2423 comments I've decided to read the first 2 chapters today to see what it is like and I must say it is very different to ryria and I'm already questioning my knowledge of the world

Oh yeah this Ines going to be a blast

message 13: by C.P. (new) - rated it 5 stars

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 1578 comments So excited to get started! I haven't read any of the others yet, so it'll be interesting to get into the world with this one. :)

Solseit | 1460 comments I am totally in for this read! Starting today :D

message 15: by C.P. (new) - rated it 5 stars

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 1578 comments I will be starting this at some point today. Not sure exactly when but I will post thoughts once I do. Very excited about this one!

message 16: by Seán (new) - added it

Seán | 602 comments I'm probably gonna skip it for this read sadly - have another one starting the 16th that I'm really looking forward to, and couldn't quite finish my current book in time. Hope you guys enjoy it, especially if it's your first Sullivan book!

message 17: by C.P. (new) - rated it 5 stars

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 1578 comments Thanks, Sean! I might be a little stretched myself (I'm already reading five other books), so I definitely understand holding off.

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) | 1100 comments I'm going to try to start sometime today. will push me to be reading three books at once, but I've been wanting to read this for ages

Ahdam (snowlocke) | 2423 comments I will be reading this tonight also hopefully once I finish crown tower since I'm blazing through it this and malice is going to be epic

Frank | 695 comments I have three (Malice, Age of Myth, Tyrant's Throne, just finished King of the Wyld) going this month here already, will do my best to participate in all the discussions.

Frank | 695 comments Have read thru the first five chapters most setup of the characters, but I do see a story taking form.
Readers of Riyria will notice familiar names.

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) | 1100 comments I'm already reading two books not for buddy reads, then have this one and Malice.

Samir (royceblackwater) | 842 comments Through chapter 3.
I'm already hooked!

(view spoiler)

message 24: by C.P. (new) - rated it 5 stars

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 1578 comments I've read through the first three chapters and I am really loving this. It's so well written and the characters are great. I hope that keeps up!

Frank | 695 comments Samir wrote: "Through chapter 3.
I'm already hooked!

[spoilers removed]"

I am enjoying those two.

Ahdam (snowlocke) | 2423 comments I hadn't had chance to read much yet so I'll be catching up

Solseit | 1460 comments Ahdam wrote: "I hadn't had chance to read much yet so I'll be catching up"

Me too Ahdam! I did not even start reading the book just yet but I hope to be able to leave work a bit earlier today so I can focus on reading! :D

message 28: by C.P. (new) - rated it 5 stars

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 1578 comments Samir wrote: "Through chapter 3.
I'm already hooked!

[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

message 29: by Lee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lee (leeman729) | 828 comments Anybody in this BR read the Riyria Revelations books? I read Theft of Swords and didn't care for it. Not like it was bad, it just didn't grip me. Do you think this might be worth giving a try, instead?

Samir (royceblackwater) | 842 comments Liam wrote: "Anybody in this BR read the Riyria Revelations books? I read Theft of Swords and didn't care for it. Not like it was bad, it just didn't grip me. Do you think this might be worth giving a try, inst..."

I've read Revelations and Chronicles. This is worth giving a try but I would suggest continuing with Revelations. There are people like you who didn't much enjoy Theft of Swords and ended up being fans of the series. Revelations improve with each book and the last book of the series, Percepliquis, is sublime and the ending of the series is one of the best I've ever read.

Ahdam (snowlocke) | 2423 comments What Samir said revelations had become my favourite series and it does improve I suggest giving it a try and since it gets bigger as you go on with a satisfying ending

Samir (royceblackwater) | 842 comments Through chapter 9.

(view spoiler)

message 33: by Lee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lee (leeman729) | 828 comments Thanks guys =]. I'll have to pick it up again, though I have a feeling it will take me some time to do so haha. I have a lot of books to get through atm.

Tammie | 4109 comments I agree, you should stick with Revelations because they get better and better with each book.

message 35: by C.P. (new) - rated it 5 stars

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 1578 comments Through chapter 9. I am loving these characters.

(view spoiler)

Samir, I will look at your thoughts when I'm not on the app.

Elizabeth (fantasynerd365) | 1100 comments I'm in chapter 10. I think. From chapter 9(view spoiler)

Frank | 695 comments Liam wrote: "Anybody in this BR read the Riyria Revelations books? I read Theft of Swords and didn't care for it. Not like it was bad, it just didn't grip me. Do you think this might be worth giving a try, inst...".
I've read all of Sullivan's work, and you must give the Revelations a chance, as the characters grow on you. I must admit that i was hooked from the first book, just give them a chance.

Frank | 695 comments I'm through Chapter 23 and do not want to spoil for anyone it's interesting where Sullivan is taking the story, I can see the what he is building here, and all the connections with Riyria.
I must say the characters are growing on me, of course Raithe and Malcolm at first, but of course Peresphone, Suri, and Nyphron.

Solseit | 1460 comments Today I want to focus on Age of Myth! I read the first two chapters yesterday and I was soooooooo excited already!

message 40: by C.P. (new) - rated it 5 stars

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 1578 comments Glad you are both enjoying it Frank and Aristea!

This is my first Sullivan book, but I love the characters. I'm really excited to read more of his books when I finish this one.

Angus | 152 comments This was also my first Sullivan book and i'm so glad i picked it up, as it was 100% a cover buy lol But I ended up really enjoying it and i'm now excited to read his other books too :)

message 42: by C.P. (new) - rated it 5 stars

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 1578 comments Glad you enjoyed it, Angus! I'm loving it right now. :) I have Theft of Swords from the library and Age of Swords from Netgalley, so I'm hoping to read both of those very soon as well.

message 43: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jenna Kathleen (jennakathleen) | 4615 comments Mod
C.P. wrote: "Glad you enjoyed it, Angus! I'm loving it right now. :) I have Theft of Swords from the library and Age of Swords from Netgalley, so I'm hoping to read both of those very soon as well."

You're so lucky! I am jealous that you get to read Age of Swords early. It's the first book I've ever pre-ordered so I'm looking forward to getting that in the mail.

message 44: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new) - rated it 5 stars

Angus wrote: "This was also my first Sullivan book and i'm so glad i picked it up, as it was 100% a cover buy lol But I ended up really enjoying it and i'm now excited to read his other books too :)"

Glad you like his work. He's also a super friendly guy and very active on Goodreads. He's done a Q&A for the group before.

Angus | 152 comments Jenna wrote: "Angus wrote: "This was also my first Sullivan book and i'm so glad i picked it up, as it was 100% a cover buy lol But I ended up really enjoying it and i'm now excited to read his other books too :..."

Oh really? That's so cool! I have seen him around on Goodreads a fair bit and he always seems to interact with his readers, which just makes me want to pick up his other books even more!

message 46: by C.P. (new) - rated it 5 stars

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 1578 comments I was a little surprised I was approved on Netgalley, actually. But I'm really excited to get to it! That's cool it's the first book you've pre-ordered!

message 47: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new) - rated it 5 stars

C.P. wrote: "I was a little surprised I was approved on Netgalley, actually. But I'm really excited to get to it! That's cool it's the first book you've pre-ordered!"

Yeah - I haven't done it before because shipping cost twice the amount of the book price!

message 48: by C.P. (new) - rated it 5 stars

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 1578 comments Oh wow! That definitely makes sense that you wouldn't pre-order many then.

message 49: by C.P. (new) - rated it 5 stars

C.P. Cabaniss (cpcabaniss) | 1578 comments Samir wrote: "Through chapter 9.

[spoilers removed]"

That's what I'm thinking as well. I just wonder who else is involved.

Tammie | 4109 comments C.P. wrote: "Through chapter 9. I am loving these characters."

Michael Sullivan is so good at writing characters. That's the best thing about his books.

« previous 1