Kenyons Minions discussion

Chronicles of Nick > Small Vial and a theory

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Natasha (new)

Natasha | 7 comments Did anybody else catch the fact that when Dagon showed up in Instinct he had a small ornate bottle that would allow Azura to possess Cherise and take over her body.

A small vial was also given to Styxx by Apollimi that Ambrose was to drink right before his death. (Invision). The unknown woman swore she would find him and go back and change it so she wouldn't lose him.

In Invision future girl Charity told Nick "You said you would find a way to return......where's mom? Did you find her.

Anybody else see a connection or is this the result of reading one to many books out of order on a sleepless night.

message 2: by Natasha (new)

Natasha | 7 comments Second Sleep Deprived Question. Dark Hunter tie in.

Has anyone else noticed that Nekoda only ever refers to her mother as Bathymaous and never even in her own head thinks of her as Bethany or Bet which is what Styxx always calls her.

Malachaibubble12 | 555 comments Nekoda probably calls and refers to her as that name because it was her 'first' goddess incarnation.

Malachaibubble12 | 555 comments As for the whole vial thing I always thought that they were two separate vials that had nothing to do with each other

message 5: by Michael (new)

Michael Buchler | 130 comments Separate vials but similar function maybe? Could be that it's needed to transfer a soul or whatever to a new body. We've seen in Illusion what happens when Malachai demons die, so they can't just get them from the Underworld; they need to be pulled from what is essentially another dimension, much like Azura needed to be pulled from her dimension.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

It could also mean that nick's powers could be transferred to another, like his daughter (but I doubt it) or he could have another son, without someone else gaining it.

message 7: by Natasha (new)

Natasha | 7 comments just reread dance with the devil and it suddenly hit me that nick has a very accessible "off switch" on his face now.

message 8: by Michael (new)

Michael Buchler | 130 comments Natasha wrote: "just reread dance with the devil and it suddenly hit me that nick has a very accessible "off switch" on his face now."

Would it still work on him though?

message 9: by Meg (new)

Meg (megoscar) I don't think it would work, as he can only be killed by Jared, right?

message 10: by Slick (new)

Slick | 451 comments "Supposedly" Jared's the only one who could kill Nick (and vice versa) but i highly doubt thats the case anymore. He keeps being drained and left vulnerable at least every 1-2 books.

Adarian seemed to have his doubt about it LOL, i loved that scene XD

message 11: by Meg (new)

Meg (megoscar) What book was that scene in?

message 12: by Malachaibubble12 (new)

Malachaibubble12 | 555 comments Illusion when Adarian and Nick we're talking together.

message 13: by Meg (new)

Meg (megoscar) Ah, haven't read Illusion for awhile, will have to re-read it.

message 14: by Michael (new)

Michael Buchler | 130 comments Slick wrote: ""Supposedly" Jared's the only one who could kill Nick (and vice versa) but i highly doubt thats the case anymore. He keeps being drained and left vulnerable at least every 1-2 books.

Adarian seeme..."

I think that's Cyprian's influence. Malachais can kill Malachais.

message 15: by Marie (new)

Marie | 1447 comments Nick told Ash that he'd seen himself kill Jared (in the future) and that Jared wants to die, so he'll never beat him in battle

message 16: by Marie (new)

Marie | 1447 comments I actually wonder if becoming a DH might have been a way for Nick to make it even more difficult to kill him. Maybe Nick was in on it and made himself forget in order to ensure it would happen that way, maybe not. But... In order to destroy him completely, wouldn't someone have to destroy both his body AND his soul now?

message 17: by Natasha (new)

Natasha | 7 comments Thank you Marie that is what was going through my mind. Ash has Nicks soul and I do not see him giving that up without a fight.

message 18: by Marie (last edited Jun 13, 2017 09:39AM) (new)

Marie | 1447 comments And Nick is constantly saying or thinking that Kody has his heart...plus he had heart surgery as a kid, performed by the wife of a Michaelson descendant... I can't help but think that something was done to his heart back then.

And you know, Kody has a scar over her heart from when Ambrose killed her...

All the talk about hearts is giving me a weird feeling. Like maybe Nick's heart beats outside his chest or his own heart was exchanged for someone elses (like Kody's).

I have this idea that if Nick were to "scatter" pieces of himself all over the place, with someone to guard each of them, it would make it harder to destroy him completely and might ensure that he could be brought back to life

message 19: by Malachaibubble12 (new)

Malachaibubble12 | 555 comments So like Voldemort with his horcroxes?

message 20: by Marie (new)

Marie | 1447 comments Oh I have no idea.

message 21: by Bren (last edited Jun 14, 2017 12:13PM) (new)

Bren (brencl94) | 415 comments So, talking about strange theories, I was re-reading Dark Side of the Moon the other day and in the scene where Savitar drops Nick in Seattle he says a couple of things for Nick to ~keep in mind. The first one was to stay away from Charontes (lol) and then there is this:

A wave of energy peaked in the room as Savitar’s face lost all humor. “Is the life you seek to take worth the one you could one day create?”

Nick scowled. “What’s that supposed to mean?”

“You’ll learn.” There was something in Savitar’s eyes that looked like regret as he clapped Nick on the back.

At first I thought it was about (view spoiler)

message 22: by Marie (last edited Jun 14, 2017 07:32PM) (new)

Marie | 1447 comments Those exact words from Savitar were said at another point in the series, but I can't remember which book it was.

Also, I thought he meant "is Revenge worth the life you could make if you forgave Ash?"

message 23: by Malachaibubble12 (new)

Malachaibubble12 | 555 comments Marie wrote: "Those exact words from Savitar were said at another point in the series, but I can't remember which book it was.

Also, I thought he meant "is Revenge worth the life you could make if you forgave A..."

I agree Marie, I thought that Sav was talking about how Nick should forgive Ash and instead of using his time for revenge he could think of the positive.

message 24: by Marie (new)

Marie | 1447 comments About "Is the life you seek to take worth te one you could one day create?"...

We've seen some progress between Ash and Nick. By "progress" I mean that, before, Nick wanted to kill Ash at any cost. Now, he hates Ash as much a he hates everybody.

Maybe he came to realize that killing Ash ISN'T "worth the life he could on day create", because taking Ash's life isn't worth as much to him now.

So, sadly, they probably won't be buddies because Nick now thinks Ash is worthless to him. But at least he won't be trying to kill him anymore.

message 25: by Malachaibubble12 (new)

Malachaibubble12 | 555 comments Well in Time Untime he most of not thought Ash was completely worthless since he asked Ash for help for a solution that not make him hate everyone and everything. Ash said he would agree to help but I don't think Nick has had much booktime since that book.

message 26: by Malachaibubble12 (last edited Jul 09, 2017 08:10PM) (new)

Malachaibubble12 | 555 comments No I'm talking about in Time Untime, you're thinking of the talk they had in One Silent Night. Like you have part of the dialogue right but you're mixing it with two scenes from separate books.

It's the talk when Ash asked everyone in the room to leave and give Nick and him some space to talk alone. Nick wanted the Time Stone and Artemis sent him to help guard the Mayan Underworld gate or something called the Xhilib (idk how to spell it).

message 27: by Marie (new)

Marie | 1447 comments Yeah we barely see him now. Well, we barely EVER read about him it's just that he has a much bigger role in that world now but we STILL barely ever read about him

message 28: by Malachaibubble12 (new)

Malachaibubble12 | 555 comments It said "no comment found" so i'm just gonna repost this just in case.

No I'm talking about in Time Untime, you're thinking of the talk they had in One Silent Night. Like you have part of the dialogue right but you're mixing it with two scenes from separate books.

It's the talk when Ash asked everyone in the room to leave and give Nick and him some space to talk alone. Nick wanted the Time Stone and Artemis sent him to help guard the Mayan Underworld gate or something called the Xhilib (idk how to spell it).

message 29: by Malachaibubble12 (new)

Malachaibubble12 | 555 comments Ok I checked and Artemis sent him to guard the Ixkib.

message 30: by Marie (last edited Jul 09, 2017 08:48PM) (new)

Marie | 1447 comments Yeah I deleted my comment when I realized I was mixing two books together.

And I didn't think Nick thought Ash was worthless exactly, just that killing him was worth everything once and now he hates everyone equally so killing Ash isn't worth more than killing anyone else.

message 31: by Malachaibubble12 (new)

Malachaibubble12 | 555 comments ok I found the dialogue on 'Google Books' so i'll just copy it here:

"My mother is the only thing that kept me human, Acheron," Nick growled into his ear while he continued to share his bloody and brutal destiny with him. "Every single day I live without her, I lose more of my humanity. There's nothing that anchors me now. Do you understand?" He released him.

Ash struggled to breathe as the images began fading. "I thought you hated me."

"I hate every fucking body. Don't you understand? I can't help it. Welcome to the club. Now let's light the sign that we're open for business." He raked a sneer over Ash's body. "Newsflash, Atlantean-you're really nothing special to me. Hatred is who and what I am now. It rules me entirely. Menyara has tried everything, as has Artemis. Nothing works. Without an anchor, I can't stop the metamorphosis." He gestured toward the door the others had left by. "You're afraid of the gates? I pick my teeth with the bones of better evil than anything those gates guard. When I become the Malachai, there is nothing that can stop me."

message 32: by Malachaibubble12 (new)

Malachaibubble12 | 555 comments And here:

"I can help you, Nick."

"Yeah ... then bring my mother back."

To those who didn't know better, that sounded like a whiny child. But that wasn't what Nick was saying and Ash knew it. Nick was a creature of destruction. While his powers were virtually infinite, they were not without some limitation.

"I can't get your mother back now, but if you can trust me again..."

Nick let out a sinister, bone-chilling laugh. "Trust? My father trusted and what did it get him?"

Ash shook his head. "Trust had nothing to do with it. Your father died because he sired another Malachai. Had you not been born, he would still live."

"I still won't trust you."

"Fine, just stop trying to kill me."

Nick sighed, and for a second, he was again the smart-mouthed Cajun kid Ash had welcomed as a friend. "I can't promise that either, boy ... have you not been listening to me? I'm speaking English here. I can't stop my true nature. It's like asking the moon not to rise or the ocean to quit making waves." He spat each word out separately. "My nature is death. You're alive. That sheer fact, regardless of any other, makes me want to kick your ass and kill you. This is why I need help, and I can't go to a therapist. I just might eat them and I don't like the taste of human...." Ash didn't even want to know how Nick knew he didn't like the taste of human. "At least Artemis has a fighting chance if I go bad on her."

"We will get through this."

"You better be right, Ash. 'Cause if you're not..."

Ash's mother would finally win and the world of man would lose everything.

Yep there's the portion I found revelant.

message 33: by Marie (last edited Jul 10, 2017 12:59PM) (new)

Marie | 1447 comments Yeah yeah I read all that too and that's exactly what made me think that Nick realised Ash wasn't worth killing cuz he doesn't hate him more than he hates everyone else. Since he has decided AGAINST killing eveyone, he also decided against killing Ash... cuz he hates him AS MUCH as everyone.

I'm just proposing a potential interpretation of how Sav's words came true.