Play Book Tag discussion

Peter and the Starcatchers (Peter and the Starcatchers, #1)
This topic is about Peter and the Starcatchers
May 2017: 2004 > Peter and the Starcatchers, by Dave Barry - 3 stars

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

JoLene (trvl2mtns) | 1532 comments This is the orgin story (in comic lingo) of Peter Pan. Peter and several other orphans are put aboard a ship to serve as slaves. However, they end up shipwrecked on an island, with natives who don't like visitors and a cargo chest that has some mysterious properties.

If you are a huge fan of Peter Pan, which I'm not, this book would be great because it explains a lot of the mysteries about Peter and the boys of Neverland. Not being a fan, the book was just OK --- it was slow in some parts and the characters were a bit 1 dimensional. That said, the intended audience is kids --- so I think it hits the mark for them. I did listen to the audio by Jim Dale (of HP fame) --- Jim is a great narrator, however, now that I've listened to HP -- I recognize his voices so it was slightly distracting.

Jgrace | 2813 comments I tried to listen to this with my son, at some point when we were waiting for the next Harry Potter. At the time, we both agreed that it didn't work for us. We kept hearing the J K Rowling characters. I didn't have the same problem when I listened to him read The Night Circus, but maybe that was because we were long past our Harry Potter days by that time. :)

JoLene (trvl2mtns) | 1532 comments I also just listened to Night Circus --- I think that the main characters had different enough voices from HP that it was only noticeable every once in a while. Since this was also a kids books, I think they were more the same. :-D

message 4: by Joi (new)

Joi (missjoious) | 3809 comments Jim Dale is one of my favorite audiobook narrators! I'd listen to him reading a phonebook if he did different voices for the listings.