/r/Fantasy Discussion Group discussion

General > Where's this Month's BotM?

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laura (new)

Laura | 11 comments Umm, I know I'm a bit of a lurker but.. where is this month's Book of the Month? I've not found a nomination thread or message at all

Am I being dense? Have I missed it?

message 2: by Nate (new)

Nate | 3 comments I think it's been moved to r/fantasy because it is easier to discuss things on that forum than here. Part of the concern with this change though, was for those who mostly interact on GR.

message 3: by Rubisco (new)

Rubisco | 1 comments I haven't seen one on r/fantasy either, and the side bar hasn't updated.

message 4: by Esme (new)

Esme (esmerelda-weatherwax) it hasnt been posted in the sidebar either

message 5: by David H. (new)

David H. (farrakut) | 517 comments Mod
I got the impression that LittlePlasticCastle has been extra busy lately, and she mentioned in a reddit message to me that "I think I may open July nominations in mid June"--giving me the impression of skipping a book for June. Though maybe we should pick one anyway given that Book Club is a category in the Bingo and it'd be nice to have more options! :-)

message 6: by Laura (new)

Laura | 11 comments That was the impression I got. I can totally understand being busy and not being able to orchestrate nominations and a vote but I'd like there to be a book this month too - anyone have the time/spoons to sort it? Should it be run past the Mods first?

message 7: by Gillian (new)

Gillian | 3 comments Mod
I was really hoping there'd be nominations for this month as well. It's kinda hard to pick a book for this square when we're not voting for new ones. I'm totally down to help run it this month and in the future though.

message 8: by Lisa (last edited Jun 05, 2017 07:42AM) (new)

Lisa (tenaciousreader) | 301 comments Sorry guys! I suck. :( If its any consolation, ANY book we've done in the past can count (there's a good number already done). I hate doing things last minute, I know it makes it harder for a lot of people when we pick a book with just days until the new month, so I thought waiting until Mid June to pick a July book would be better, but guess not.

(Also, I am definitely fine if people want to run a book club choice this month)

message 9: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (tenaciousreader) | 301 comments Speed Round Nominations and Voting open here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Fantasy/comm...

Again, a thousand apologies for dropping the ball. Again.

message 10: by David H. (new)

David H. (farrakut) | 517 comments Mod
Thanks, Lisa!