New Adult Book Club discussion

Author Q+A's > Q&A with Emma Doherty

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by LeAnn (last edited Jun 07, 2017 04:32PM) (new)

LeAnn (leannelizabeth)

Hi NABC! We have an exciting Q&A for you this week with the lovely Emma Doherty. Emma is the author of Four Doors Down and Four Years Later. Please leave your questions for her to answer below! <3

message 2: by Cassie (new)

Cassie (exbuffalo2001) | 198 comments What is your "must-have" when you are in writing mode?

message 3: by Sophie (new)

Sophie Koufes | 42 comments If you could visit one of the places in your books which place & why?

message 4: by Sandy S (new)

Sandy S | 34 comments Is there someone with whom you bounce ideas?

Marisa (Mirroredpages) (mirroredpages) If you could live in one fictional world, which would it be and why?

message 6: by Luana (new)

Luana (pirilua) | 29 comments Who's your favorite character ever?

message 7: by Elsa (last edited Jun 08, 2017 05:32AM) (new)

Elsa Carrion (ecarrion) | 71 comments Wow, Is "four doors down" really your first book that you published?

How many other books have you wrote but just wasn't able to get going?

I'm pretty sure you've been asked this one before but how long have you've been writing?

From some of the reviews I've read this is a great story!

Last question I promise

Will you be offering "Four Doors Down" for the R&R?

message 8: by Brittany (new)

Brittany (blkel14) | 78 comments Does music play a role in your writing process? Do you create playlists for each book you write?

message 9: by Emma (new)

Emma Doherty Cassie wrote: "What is your "must-have" when you are in writing mode?"
Quiet - I'm the worlds biggest procrastinator and I'll always find something to do/listen to/youtube rather than do what I'm supposed to be doing!

Plus chocolate. And coca-cola (though I really need to break that habit ;-) )

message 10: by Emma (new)

Emma Doherty Sophie wrote: "If you could visit one of the places in your books which place & why?"
California - I've only done the East Coast of America and I have a friend who is from San Diego so would really love to visit there. And San Fran and would looove to go to the South. Louisiana, Tennessee and Texas are also on my wish list.

message 11: by Emma (new)

Emma Doherty Sandy S wrote: "Is there someone with whom you bounce ideas?" Yes- one of my long time besties (Leah) is the first person who read Four Doors Down and she's the one who gave me the encouragement to really get it out there. She's amazing and as big of a book nerd as I am so I usually run things through her. So yeah, Leah and my roommate Beth.

Sophie wrote: "If you could visit one of the places in your books which place & why?"

message 12: by Emma (new)

Emma Doherty Luana wrote: "Who's your favorite character ever?"

Love Arya Stark - Game of Thrones. Such a badass.

message 13: by Emma (new)

Emma Doherty Elsa wrote: "Wow, Is "four doors down" really your first book that you published?

I'm pretty sure you've been asked this one before but ..."

Yup, Four Doors down is my first book and the first one I finished. Before that I was trying my hand at screen writing.

I've always written - ever since I was a kid (not saying it was all good ofcourse)

I have no idea what R&R means?

message 14: by Emma (new)

Emma Doherty Brittany wrote: "Does music play a role in your writing process? Do you create playlists for each book you write?"

Actually no. It's usually on in the background. No playlists have been created though. Although I'm currently loving Niall Horan's Slow Hands (which is as big a surprise to me as anyone).

message 15: by Emma (new)

Emma Doherty Luana wrote: "Who's your favorite character ever?"

AAArgh, so hard! I mean, I love Katniss Everdeen but is that too obvious? I need to think about this one...who is yours?

message 16: by Elsa (new)

Elsa Carrion (ecarrion) | 71 comments Emma wrote: "Elsa wrote: "Wow, Is "four doors down" really your first book that you published?

I'm pretty sure you've been asked this on..."

sorry
it means Read it & Review it