You'll love this one...!! A book club & more discussion

Closed Discussion Topic > Team Two Gets the Clue (and REPORTS)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 108 (108 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Janice, Moderator (last edited Jun 08, 2017 06:44AM) (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 48675 comments

Team Two Gets the Clue.... and REPORTS

When you complete your book, please specify which Category (Character, Weapon, Room), link to the Title, specify Page Length, and the score.

Update the spreadsheet by replacing the X with your score.

Key to page length:

175-399 pgs = 5 points
400-649 pgs = 10 points
650+ pages = 20 points

Example: I finished the Ballroom category with The Ballroom. It was 320 pages long and 5 points. I have updated the spreadsheet. Or, I have not updated the spreadsheet (if you don't have access to it).

message 2: by Janice, Moderator (last edited Jun 11, 2017 07:58AM) (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 48675 comments Running score total:

555 points
57 books read

message 3: by Lanelle (last edited Jun 03, 2017 01:48PM) (new)

Lanelle | 3109 comments I've finished my first book, Of Paupers and Peers, Miss Scarlet (red cover), 209 pages, 5 pts. I cannot access the spreadsheet.

It is meant to be for Miss Scarlet (red cover), but it could also be for Ballroom (several dances are attended) and Study (the main character is a tutor). It can be moved if necessary.

message 4: by Janice, Moderator (last edited Jun 03, 2017 12:33PM) (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 48675 comments Woot! I've updated the spreadsheet, Lanelle. I think you're fine with it for Scarlet. We've got rooms covered once. Because it's got more tasks in that category, we should concentrate on multiples of the other categories.

message 5: by Lanelle (last edited Jun 03, 2017 06:40PM) (new)

Lanelle | 3109 comments I've finished my second book, Lord Ravensden's Marriage, Prof. Plum (purple cover), 251 pages, 5 pts. Still cannot get to the spreadsheet.

The main character is the cook for her family, and meals were described. This book could also be put in the Kitchen category.

message 6: by Jannene (last edited Jun 04, 2017 06:59PM) (new)

Jannene | 2785 comments Finished first book The Target which is 420 pages = 10 points for the Revolver task. I updated on the spreadsheet. The MCs are assassins for the CIA and used their own revolvers.

message 7: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 48675 comments The spreadsheet is up to date.

Lanelle, keep track of those books that could be re-purposed just in case we need to do some shuffling.

message 8: by Lanelle (new)

Lanelle | 3109 comments Janice wrote: "Lanelle, keep track of those books that could be re-purposed just in case we need to do some shuffling."

I will.

message 9: by Lanelle (new)

Lanelle | 3109 comments I finished my 3rd book, Drew in Blue, Mrs. Peacock (blue in the title), 230 pages, 5 pts.

There are quite a few scenes in the book where the mc is at a nearby pub. This book could also be used for the Billiards Room.

message 10: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 48675 comments I finished my first book for Billiard Room, Beartown. at 432 pages it gives us 10 points.

The spreadsheet has been updated.

message 11: by Peggy, Moderator (new)

Peggy (pebbles84) | 15076 comments Hi team 2!

Marie accidentally reported her book in our thread (team 4). I'm not sure whether she'll read back there, so I thought I'd let you know here too :)

message 12: by Annette (new)

Annette Olsen | 205 comments I finished Restoring Grace for the lead pipe task!

message 13: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 48675 comments Peggy wrote: "Hi team 2!

Marie accidentally reported her book in our thread (team 4). I'm not sure whether she'll read back there, so I thought I'd let you know here too :)"

Thanks Peggy.

message 14: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 48675 comments Annette wrote: "I finished Restoring Grace for the lead pipe task!"

How many pages, Annette? That's what determines the score.

message 15: by Annette (new)

Annette Olsen | 205 comments Janice wrote: "Annette wrote: "I finished Restoring Grace for the lead pipe task!"

How many pages, Annette? That's what determines the score."

Sorry I meant to include that. I was excited to be done! It is 352 pages!

message 16: by Janice, Moderator (last edited Jun 04, 2017 01:49PM) (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 48675 comments Team Two Gets the clue
Member Marie
Book
Task - White cover - MRs White Character 84% white on tin eye
Pages 337
Date Read 04/06/2017

Song of Solomon by Toni Morrison - 330 pages

message 17: by Annette (new)

Annette Olsen | 205 comments Also I remember it being discussed that we should enter our own stuff on the spread sheet. Is that what we decided. I don't want to mess anything up.

message 18: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 48675 comments You don't need to update it. You just need to indicate whether or not you have updated. I've gone ahead and entered it for you.

message 19: by Annette (new)

Annette Olsen | 205 comments Janice wrote: "You don't need to update it. You just need to indicate whether or not you have updated. I've gone ahead and entered it for you."

Thank you

message 20: by Jannene (last edited Jun 04, 2017 06:57PM) (new)

Jannene | 2785 comments I finished Plum Pudding Murder (Hannah Swensen, #12) by Joanne Fluke by Joanne Fluke which can be yellow, kitchen, and/or dagger knife. It has recipes in the book, the main character owns the "Cookie Jar", and it has a yellow cover. I put it under dagger/knife but we can move it if needed.

It was 307 pages, 5 points. I updated the sheet.

message 21: by Amanda (Mandy) (last edited Jun 04, 2017 07:22PM) (new)

Amanda (Mandy) | 612 comments I finished my 1st book. It is for the Hall. My book was Throne of Glass and was 405 pages for 10 points. I did not update the spreadsheet because I kept getting an error message.

message 22: by Lanelle (last edited Jun 05, 2017 07:28AM) (new)

Lanelle | 3109 comments I've finished my 4th book, The Secret of Holly Green Manor, Mr. Green (green in title), 234 pages, 5 pts.

I could not access the spreadsheet.

The book really doesn't fit in any other categories.

message 23: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 48675 comments I finished my 2nd book, The Ballroom for Ballroom, 320 pgs = 5 points.

message 24: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 48675 comments Marie keeps posting in team 4's thread. Here's her latest book:

COMPLETION
Team - Team two gets a clue
Member - Marie
Book -
How it fits - character Miss Scarlet red cover
Finished 05/06/2017
Pages 352

message 25: by Lanelle (new)

Lanelle | 3109 comments I've finished reading my 5th book, The Yellow Feather Mystery, Col. Mustard (yellow in the title), 181 pages, 5 points

This book would also work for the Study because it is set at a school.

message 26: by Marie (UK) (new)

Marie (UK) (mazza1) | 1446 comments I found the right thread now

message 27: by Jannene (new)

Jannene | 2785 comments Lanelle wrote: "I've finished reading my 5th book, The Yellow Feather Mystery, Col. Mustard (yellow in the title), 181 pages, 5 points

This book would also work f..."

I updated Lanelle's read. You have to hit refresh all connections.

message 28: by Annette (new)

Annette Olsen | 205 comments Finished Cinder

for the wrench

390 pages..... 5 points I have not updated the spreadsheet

I'm reading the rope task next.

message 29: by Jannene (new)

Jannene | 2785 comments I finished The Drifter (Peter Ash, #1) by Nicholas Petrie for the task lead pipe. The MC was helping his friends widow do repairs around the house. He lied to her and said it was funding from the Marines. It was 384 pages.

I updated mine and Annette's.

message 30: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 48675 comments I've updated the bonus points for the Character section.

message 31: by Lanelle (new)

Lanelle | 3109 comments I've finished my 6th book, White Lies for Mrs. White, 250 pages, 5 points.

This book could also be used for Revolver. The main character is a government agent and carries a gun.

I've have updated the spreadsheet (I think).

message 32: by Sarah, Moderator (new)

Sarah | 18188 comments I've finished The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry for the library task. 5 points. It's under 300 pages. I haven't updated the spreadsheet.

message 33: by Marie (UK) (last edited Jun 06, 2017 09:48AM) (new)

Marie (UK) (mazza1) | 1446 comments Completed
Station Eleven
Pages 333
Completed 06/06/2017
MC s actors
Lounge

Sorry i am spreadsheet phobic

message 34: by Lanelle (new)

Lanelle | 3109 comments I've finished my 7th book, Circus Mirandus, for the Rope, 304 pages, 5 points

Janice, would you please update the spreadsheet for me?

message 35: by Sarah, Moderator (new)

Sarah | 18188 comments I've updated the spreadsheet with the latest reads.

message 36: by Lanelle (new)

Lanelle | 3109 comments Sarah wrote: "I've updated the spreadsheet with the latest reads."

Thank you.

message 37: by Sam (new)

Sam (ecowitch) | 2113 comments I've finally managed to finish my first book with The Fireman for candlestick earning a whomping 20 points thanks to its 784 pages!

message 38: by Sarah, Moderator (new)

Sarah | 18188 comments That is awesome Sam!

message 39: by Lanelle (last edited Jun 06, 2017 05:01PM) (new)

Lanelle | 3109 comments I've finished my 8th book, Dashwood Avenue. It's my 2nd yellow covered book for Col. Mustard, 256 pages, 5 points.

It could also be used for Kitchen. The main character cooks and her meals are described.

Would someone update the spreadsheet for me, please?

message 40: by Jannene (new)

Jannene | 2785 comments Lanelle wrote: "I've finished my 8th book, Dashwood Avenue. It's my 2nd yellow covered book for Col. Mustard, 256 pages, 5 points.

It could also be used for Kitchen. The main character cooks and h..."

I updated for you Lanelle.

message 41: by Janice, Moderator (last edited Jun 06, 2017 09:46PM) (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 48675 comments Lanelle, I moved Dashwood Avenue to Kitchen since you have 2 Yellow books, and we need a Kitchen book.

Ignore that. I see we have 2 people currently reading kitchen. We can complete extra rounds of colours for bonus points if I leave it alone.

message 42: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 48675 comments Just so everyone is aware, I am counting the number of rounds under the bonus section as well as the number of reads. I had put 1 in the bonus section for Characters and noticed that someone deleted it.

I've set up the calculation for total number of books read to not include those cells so you don't need to worry about them throwing off the count.

message 43: by Marie (UK) (last edited Jun 07, 2017 01:42AM) (new)

Marie (UK) (mazza1) | 1446 comments The Twelve Lives of Samuel Hawley

Completed on 07/06/2017
3*

IF by family coming together you mean working together to protect each other this will work for dining room

If not then it definitely worked for Revolver Samuel Hawley is the proud owner of at least as many guns as he has had lives

Tin eye sees it as 78% green

message 44: by Marie (UK) (new)

Marie (UK) (mazza1) | 1446 comments Completed Hidden Figures: The American Dream and the Untold Story of the Black Women Mathematicians Who Helped Win the Space Race

Completed June 3rd

we can probably use this for dining room there is lots about the families of these women and how they got together

message 45: by Lanelle (new)

Lanelle | 3109 comments I finished reading My Sister's Keeper late last night.
*chuckle* It looks like it's the 3rd Dining Room book in a row! 202 pages, 5 points

The main character works for the FBI, and he carries a gun, so this book is also work for Revolver.

Janice or Sarah, would you update the spreadsheet with where you want this book to go?

message 46: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 48675 comments Super job Marie. I have updated the spreadsheet.

message 47: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 48675 comments Lanelle wrote: "I finished reading My Sister's Keeper late last night.
*chuckle* It looks like it's the 3rd Dining Room book in a row! 202 pages, 5 points

The main character works for the FBI, an..."

It works as purple, so I will put it there. With my blue tonight, that will give us the 2nd bonus in Characters.

message 48: by Lanelle (last edited Jun 07, 2017 10:37AM) (new)

Lanelle | 3109 comments I finished my book for the Billiards Room, Sticks 202 pages, 5 points.

Could someone update the spreadsheet for me, please?

Edited to add: I was able to change the 'X' to '5' on the spreadsheet, but couldn't get rid of the blue in the square.

message 49: by Lanelle (last edited Jun 07, 2017 01:13PM) (new)

Lanelle | 3109 comments I just finished Thanksgiving for Candlestick (fire on the cover), 228 pages, 5 points.

Someone fix the spreadsheet for me, please?

message 50: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 48675 comments done

« previous 1 3