Vegan Cooking & Cookbooks discussion

Vegan Cookbooks > Vegan on the Go

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by J.L. (new)

J.L. Fields (jlfields) | 57 comments Don wrote: "Homemade currywurst ."

This looks so good! Some of my favorite flavors right there!

message 2: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 3 comments Here's a recipe for vegan Schnitzel with shawarma spices from Oy Vey Vegan - Vegan Cuisine with a Mediterranean Flare. Up the same alley of vegan German food with a worldly flavor.

https://www.esteeskitchen.com/blog/20...

I've got a lovely fresh tofu store near me. I'm so lucky.

message 3: by Tatjana (new)

Tatjana (antoniabird) | 43 comments Agreed!
Germany has amazing vegan brats. I came across some in Portland once, but it seems like this would be an amazing business opportunity!! Lol.

message 4: by Sophie (last edited Sep 17, 2017 03:00AM) (new)

Sophie | 10 comments I was gifted this book from my grandparents yesterday (wearing my vegan vibes t-shirt at the family party paid off!) and I made a quick, easy tomato soup last night inspired by the introduction. Tomato passata, carrot, leek, a little bit of vegetable stock, some water, dried mixed herbs and some fresh basil. Super simple and tasty. I'm looking forward to making some of the more complicated recipes soon, it all looks so delicious!

message 5: by Sophie (new)

Sophie | 10 comments It was my sister's birthday a couple of days ago so me and her made the chocolate cake from page 184 of this recipe book. It's seriously yummy and easy too!

We made some substitutions; used self-raising flour instead of part plain and part white and also light brown sugar instead of caster. We didn't have any vegan white chocolate so used almonds for the decoration.

The baking process went perfectly apart from the icing which split because I put the hob on too high, oops. We just carried on and it was fine on the cake. The texture of the cake is moist and dense which I think is really nice for a chocolate cake. The dark chocolate flavour is gorgeous. All in all a great cake recipe which I'm sure I'll bake again.