Around the Year in 52 Books discussion

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Harry Potter, #5)
Archives > Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, by J. K. Rowling

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Barbara Pereira (babitix) | 733 comments Reading this one for Week 18: A really long book (600+ pages)

Rachel A. (abyssallibrarian) | 2632 comments I'm in the minority here, but this book was one of my favourites in the series. I actually loved all the Ministry politics, and although Harry did yell a lot, I always thought his frustration made a lot of sense given what happened in the previous book.

Anastasia (anastasiaharris) | 1305 comments I agree Rachel, this book was one of the best. All of the characters start to grow making the story more complex and therefore interesting.

Manda (bookwenchmanda) | 1082 comments Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Harry Potter, #5) by J.K. Rowling

I read this as part of my 2017 Reading Challenge, a book with an animal on the cover (phoenix). This is my first time reading through the series and I really enjoyed this book. It's awesome seeing the characters grow and the world expand with deeper, more complex story lines. This was one of my overall favorites of the series.

4/5

Joan Barnett | 1521 comments I read this one for prompt #40 for the 2018 challenge. The whole series was pictured under the Amazon's 100 Books to Read in a Lifetime list.

I did not enjoy this one as much as the others. I just felt like there were parts that could have been taken out. The world building is still amazing. J.K. Rowling has such an imagination. I did like the politics of it. My favorite thing is them being at Hogwarts and on page 330 they had just been back to Hogwarts for 2 weeks.

I liked the parts about Cho and learning more about Neville. Hermione's continued campaign to free the house elves still cracks me up. Many many good things about this book, I just felt there was some stuff that could have been cut. All in all, still an absolutely wonderful series. I ended up rating it 4/5 stars.

Ashley Moore (ashleym99) | 489 comments I think this is one of my favorites in the series. I like the "fight against the ministry" and there are many important things in this book. It is the turning point in the series and there is just a lot of growing up that you can see in this book.