YA Backlist Bookclub discussion

Ten Thousand Skies Above You (Firebird, #2)
This topic is about Ten Thousand Skies Above You
2017 Reads > June: Ten Thousand Skies Above You (Firebird #2) by Claudia Gray

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emma (new)

Emma (booksand_stardust) | 82 comments Mod
Please leave all thoughts about the second in the Firebird trilogy below :)

AmbWitch I enjoyed the second of this series but started to feel that the author tried to explain too much of the ‘science.’ The more she tried to explain something the more ludicrous it sounded and it would have worked better to not have explained how something worked, just that it did.

Other than that, it was interesting to see the evolution of the story and how the characters are starting to see what the consequences of dimensional travel were.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I finished this just last night, and I have to say that I'm really enjoying reading these books back to back.

So, lots of emphasis on the romance in this one. However, I can't help but be amazed by some of the very deep prose scattered within. There were many times I wished I'd had my own copy (instead of a library copy) so I could highlight or underline and make notes in the margins.

I enjoyed this installment more than the first and thought some of the twists were fun by the end ((view spoiler)).

It was great this installment ended on a cliffhanger and set up nicely for the third installment. I didn't think the first installment did that so well. I can't wait to see where this goes.