Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1)
This topic is about Six of Crows
2017 ♦Archives Buddy Read ♦ > Krissy & Runell - Six of Crows

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new) - rated it 5 stars

Denise (destiny_chan) | 5837 comments Mod
Krissy & Runell - Six of Crows

Runell When would you like to start this one Krissy?

message 3: by Krissy (last edited Jun 02, 2017 06:39AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3313 comments My daughter will be joining us but she wants to finish her current book first. So I'd love to start sometime early mid month?

Runell That's perfect. Have you guys read the Shadow and Bone trilogy already or are you starting off with this duology first?

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3313 comments Are they connected?

Runell They're in the same world, but Six of Crows takes place like a couple of hundred years after or something like that I believe from the original story. You don't have to read the trilogy before the duology, so you're good.

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3313 comments We are ready whenever you are :)

I asked for Cheyenne's name to be added last week but I guess she's been busy. She'll be reading and commenting as she reads the book too.

Cheyenne Hi. Can't wait to start!

Runell That's great! :)

I'm good to start today, though it'll be later for me as I work 7PM-7AM tonight so I'll mostly be getting my reading done while at work (I'm an RA at an assisted living home so I do a lot of sitting at night while they're asleep).

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3313 comments Nice. I'll be starting later tonight as well. I plan on listening to the audiobook but I know Cheyenne has the hardcover.

Runell So do I! It's too pretty with the black edge papers not to have the hardcover.

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3313 comments When she got it in the mail I thought it was the coolest thing! Black edges. Genius.

Runell The second one is pretty cool too with the red pages though not as neat as this one.

Runell I didn't read much last night of this particular book, but only three chapters in and I'm really enjoying it and excited to read more.

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3313 comments That's more than I did! I only got the first chapter in. My husband is leaving for Korea on Monday and he bought himself a projector to play his movies and games on since it would be more portable than a tv. He was having trouble figuring it out how to get it to work for all his devices so he kept asking me questions or for help. I had to keep pausing my audiobook so I finally gave up and just put the book down. Lol. I will definitely get more of the book read today!

Cheyenne Made it to chapter 16! I'm really enjoying the book so far!

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3313 comments I'm really digging this book so far!

Runell I'm behind at only chapter 5, but definitely agree with you guys on how much I'm enjoying this book so far. I'm already understanding the hype for it; it's very well deserved.

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3313 comments I'm only up to chapter 10.

Runell So I'm now on chapter 16 and I'm ready to pledge my loyalty to Kaz because I get why everyone is obsessed with him and this book. I'm loving it!

Cheyenne I finally finished the book and I really enjoyed it! Can't wait for the next book!

Runell Just realized that I didn't come back here to say that I finished it and oh my God . . . Soooo good. I'm definitely going to have to read the next one in July.

How did you guys like it?

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3313 comments I loved it! Gotta say when Matthias shut the cell door on Nina my heart dropped. I had the tiniest itty bitty squiggle of doubt that maybe he would go through with the betrayal.

Runell I know! I was like, wait, noooooo, don't do it Matthias!

Then that ending? I knew something was going to go down, but I didn't expect Inej being taken.