Fans of Amish Fiction discussion

Amish Group Reads > Nominate July 2017 Group Read **VOTING CLOSED**

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Barbara (last edited Jun 15, 2017 10:31AM) (new)

Barbara (goodreadscombarbara_beers) | 1460 comments Mod
Nominations are now open for July 2017!

Kelly Caldwell, Melanie Dobson, Jan Drexler, Beverly Lewis, Adina Senft, and Suzanne Fisher Woods are exempt from nomination as we've already read one of their books this year, although we may make exceptions for novella collections that include one of these authors. If you're not sure if your book is eligible for nomination, please leave a comment and one of the moderators will get back to you!

Rules:
1. Any Amish-themed novel is eligible.
2. One nomination per person.
3. If two people nominate the same book, each person's vote counts. So the book will feature twice in the list to give each vote an equal chance.
4. Nominations run until the 14th of the month, with the winner announced on the 15th.
5. The winning book is chosen using Random.org to make it completely fair.
6. Please don't nominate a book we have already read. You can see our list of previous group reads here: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/... or look at the group read's bookshelf here: https://www.goodreads.com/group/books... (it includes the Christian group read as well).
7. Only nominate the first book in a series UNLESS we have already read #1 (see above link). In this case, #2 is then eligible for nomination!

Nominate away!!

#1 -- Katie's Choice (Clover Ridge, #2) by Amy Lillard -- Natalie
#2 -- Leaving Lancaster (Legacy of Lancaster, #1) by Kate Lloyd -- Kate
#3 -- Anna's Healing (Plain & Simple Miracles, #1) by Vannetta Chapman -- Barbara
#4 -- Hearse and Buggy (An Amish Mystery, #1) by Laura Bradford

message 2: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (creativecountry0407gmailcom) | 1077 comments I will nominate Katie's Choice (Clover Ridge #2) by Amy Lillard .

message 3: by Kate (new)

Kate (liahonagirl) I will nominate Leaving Lancaster (Legacy of Lancaster, #1) by Kate Lloyd . :)

message 4: by Barbara (new)

I will nominate Anna's Healing by Vannetta Chapman. It's the first book in her Plain & Simple Miracles series.

message 5: by Barbara (new)

Who else would like to throw a nomination into the ring? We've got a couple of days left.

message 6: by Carolyn (last edited Jun 10, 2017 06:12AM) (new)

Carolyn V Hearse and Buggy (An Amish Mystery, #1) by Laura Bradford is suggested for nomination, by me, Carolyn; as I briefly checked list and didn't see much of this author and being a mystery versus love story.

message 7: by Barbara (new)

Thank you ladies for the nominations. All of the choices look good.

Our July good read is... #1 -- Katie's Choice!

Thanks for the nomination Natalie!

message 8: by Donna (new)

Donna | 26 comments Great. I just looked and I already have this book on my Kindle so it must have been one I wanted to read. Great choice.

message 9: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn V I guess I haven't read the first book of this July choice; can it be read alone?

message 10: by Kate (new)

Kate (liahonagirl) Carolyn wrote: "I guess I haven't read the first book of this July choice; can it be read alone?"
It does mention characters from the previous novel, and how they fit into the family, but it's not the continuation of a story. I think it could be read as a stand-alone, but maybe someone else who has also read them both can also chime in with their opinion?

message 11: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (creativecountry0407gmailcom) | 1077 comments @Barbara Ann: I have noticed you haven't posted the threads for the nomination of next month's Amish Group Read or the discussion thread for Katie's Choice (Clover Ridge #2) by Amy Lillard .
Can you please post these threads when you get the chance? Thanks in advance!

message 12: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn V I won't be able to work on this months choice; I don't have these two first books and have too many challenges going this month. enjoy gals; who can participate

message 13: by Barbara (new)

Natalie wrote: "@Barbara Ann: I have noticed you haven't posted the threads for the nomination of next month's Amish Group Read or the discussion thread forKatie's Choice (Clover Ridge #2) by Amy Lillard .
Can you please pos..."

Sorry for the delay. I was out of state for a family memorial service.