2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Mercy Falls (Cork O'Connor, #5)
This topic is about Mercy Falls
Mercy Falls > Question D

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7591 comments Mod
Eddie's half brother, Ben, turns out to be Jo's former love from law school. Do you believe Jo still had feelings for him? What do you think of how she handled him, both in Aurora and Chicago?

Angela | 155 comments Yes I do believe she still had some feelings. I think she handled it pretty poorly, especially in Chicago. It was obvious he still had feelings for her and was use to getting his own way. I don't feel like she should have gone anywhere alone with him. He gave off such a pushy vibe and I felt she wasn't thinking with her head.

I agree, Angela. She had unresolved issues with this man and though she tried to keep him at arm's length, Jo didn't work real hard at it. I thought she sent mixed messages. She handled him okay in Aurora but completely blew it in Chicago. And, she needed to be more forthcoming with Cork about her relationship with him in law school.

Angela | 155 comments Yes Jonetta. She should have been more forthcoming. I felt the messages were very mixed as well. I will say in Jo defence, it must have been a shock to suddenly be confronted with someone you once had a relationship with and they broke up with you. I think it did really throw her to see him again.

I agree, Angela. It was understandable that she'd be thrown off guard...initially. When she didn't later clear this up with Cork, Jo stepped in it.