CPL's Book Quest: The Challenge discussion

2017 Mini-Challenges > June Take It or Leave It Challenge

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by J (new)

J (luckyladyvabch) | 177 comments Mod
Hello everyone!

The Summer Reading Challenge begins June 1. Here are June's Take It or Leave It Challenges. Remember that you can participate in all or none - it is up to you. Have fun.

1. Read a book set in a coastal town.

2. Read a book with someone who is on vacation.

3. Read a book with a purple spine or cover.

4. Read a book with the word black in the title or which has a character whose surname is Black.

5. Read that is 347 pages long.

6. Read a book you had to wait a month to get from the library.

7. Read a book that has an odd number of letters in every word of the title.

message 2: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 58 comments So what is the best way to find a book that has exactly 347 pages?

message 3: by J (new)

I'm not sure - I just picked a random number - but you can check the books you might have on your "TBR" (to be read) list in goodreads because it gives you the total number of pages.

message 4: by Kayzee (new)

Kayzee | 69 comments Jennifer wrote: "I'm not sure - I just picked a random number - but you can check the books you might have on your "TBR" (to be read) list in goodreads because it gives you the total number of pages."

I've been looking at all the books on my shelf thinking I'd have one. This one is definitely proving a challenge. I wondered if you picked it because it has something to do with 3+4=7 (347).

message 5: by J (new)

I never really thought of that..... We can switch that particular challenge to be a product or difference of 7..... Like 257 (2+5=7) or 817 (8-1=7)

message 6: by Kayzee (new)

Kayzee | 69 comments Jennifer wrote: "I never really thought of that..... We can switch that particular challenge to be a product or difference of 7..... Like 257 (2+5=7) or 817 (8-1=7)"

Love this idea!!!!

message 7: by Ann (new)

Ann (ann-fracturedfiction) | 464 comments I've finished two challenges this month (out of 4 books).
5) 347 pages long- Churchill & Orwell: the Fight for Freedom by Thomas E. Ricks (it is if you don't count the title page, the copyright page and the blank pages). Interesting dual biography of both men, focusing on WWII.
6) Waited a month- Option B by Sheryl Sandberg.

message 8: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 58 comments I only got a chance to FINISH one of June's mini-challenge. I'm hoping to get started on July's a bit sooner, and actually finish books I'm in the middle of reading.

1. Read a book set in a coastal town.
Serpent’s Kiss by Melissa De La Cruz

message 9: by J (new)

Hello all,

Getting ready to work on July's Take It or Leave It challenge... make sure you comment here with the Challenges you have completed for June.