Play Book Tag discussion

I'll Be Watching You
This topic is about I'll Be Watching You
Archive: Other Books > I'll Be Watching You / Charles de Lint (Samuel Key). 4.5 stars

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

LibraryCin | 8029 comments I'll Be Watching You / Charles de Lint (as Samuel Key)
4.5 stars

Rachel has just gotten out of an abusive relationship, but her husband doesn’t want to let go. She has a job and only a couple of good friends to help her out. Little does she know, she also has an “admirer” (a peeping tom, really) who will come to her “rescue” when she needs it. But, from his perspective, the perfectly beautiful Rachel will need to be “tested” herself.

Ok, I tried to keep that somewhat vague, as the blurb on the book doesn’t say a whole lot, so I didn’t want to give anything away. This is one of the books de Lint wrote as Samuel Key, a pseudonym he took to distinguish his darker works from his fantasy. It was told in the third person, but the reader got to know more about what was going on, as we did follow a few different characters, than the characters knew, themselves. Certainly by the end of the book, it was a page-turner, keeping me on the edge of my seat, wanting to keep reading to know what would happen! I really really liked this one!

message 2: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 5539 comments High praise from you! And it'll fit a challenge I have in another group for a book with "sunglasses on the cover"!

message 3: by Blueberry (new)

Blueberry (blueberry1) Book Concierge, I know that challenge, if it's the Seasonal one. I do it also. I was having a hard time wrapping up spring. My computer was down for about a week and I couldn't access my spreadsheet and post 3 remaining books. Fortunately I got it back yesterday though my son still has to locate my spreadsheet for me.

message 4: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 5539 comments Blueberry wrote: "Book Concierge, I know that challenge, if it's the Seasonal one. I do it also. I was having a hard time wrapping up spring. My computer was down for about a week and I couldn't access my spreadshee..."

Oh, no! I'd be lost without my spreadsheet ... yes I'm referring to SRC re the "sunglasses"

LibraryCin | 8029 comments Book Concierge wrote: "High praise from you! And it'll fit a challenge I have in another group for a book with "sunglasses on the cover"!"

Oh, I hope you like it! Probably most of the book was, more realistically, 4 stars, but it was just so gripping for me at the end, I upped it the extra .5 star.