Coffee & Books discussion

Member Board > Am I the last one to read The Storied Life of AJ Fikry?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Wendy (new)

Wendy (wendelina) Hey there! I'm in a book club that is reading this book, and I think the rest of the world has already read it -- but if you're interested in being a Book Buddy for this book, let me know!

message 2: by Rachel Jorquera , Moderator (new)

Rachel Jorquera  (racheljorquera) | 3018 comments Mod
I haven't read it either. It is definitely on my to read list. I would be happy to read it. June is a little busy for me so it may take a little bit longer but I can jump in :)

message 3: by Wendy (new)

Wendy (wendelina) From what I can tell, it's a pretty fast read - not a huge book :-)

message 4: by Colleen (new)

Colleen  | 143 comments I read it a couple years ago for my F2F book club, and everyone enjoyed it. It was good - naturally a book about books can only succeed. Let us know what you think!

message 5: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 1187 comments I'm listening to the audio during my daily commute this week.
I'm about half-way through (just began PART TWO) ... I'd be glad to be your buddy.

message 6: by Wendy (last edited Jun 05, 2017 11:06AM) (new)

Wendy (wendelina) Super! I'm about 1/4 of the way through :-) Audio book as well

message 7: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 1187 comments I finished it on June 8. Where are you, Wendy?

I have to say there is one scene where I remarked out loud, "Oh my God!"

message 8: by Wendy (new)

Wendy (wendelina) Book Concierge wrote: "I finished it on June 8. Where are you, Wendy?

I have to say there is one scene where I remarked out loud, "Oh my God!""

I finished it about a week ago - I really enjoyed it and had some emotional responses too! I really liked the cameos of other books that appeared throughout it. What'd you think? Have you finished yet?